Contribute
Register

Hp z420

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tricky part with the usb ports of this workstation, at least if you have the same firmware as me. So, for booting el capital, you will need a working mac or hackintosh to make the usb installer. Get the latest version of Clover and install it in the ESP of the usb installer, then make sure to add Rehabman' OS-X-Generic-USB3
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads

add the kernel flag npci=0x2000 or 0x3000, set the smbios to Mac Pro 3,1 and use kernelPMpatching + ASUSCPUPatch. boot verbose

Set the data controller to ache mode in bios.

Boot the Z420 with the installer inserted in a usb 3 port, if it doesn't boot try putting in usb2 first and switch it to usb 3 if the boot messages are stalling.
Good luck!

Did you manage to get this going? I am struggling with this computer!!

I too am trying to hackintosh this workstation. Any updates on this?

Hi,

I am trying to install EL Capitan on a HP Z440 workstation. After installation starts apple logo comes and system automatically reboot.

My System specification:
GPU: Quadro K2200 / GTX1070
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5-2630 V3 @2.40GHz
RAM: 32GB

Thanks..

@vipulme, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back