nVidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

First of all - may I say a massive thanks to the community here and all the work everyone has put in. This is an awesome resource and the tools available here are incredible!

This is my first Hackintosh project and I'm enjoying it massively, in just two days I've learned so much from trawling through the forums but obviously I still have much to learn and am getting stuck towards the end of my build.

I have managed to successfully install and boot Yosemite on my Z400 workstation using the standard Unibeast. I can boot into to OSX using Unibeast with my HDD connected via USB and all works OK. The SATA controler isn't recognised by Unibeast so I'm installing to USB and then plugging the disk in via SATA when done. However - as soon as I run Multibeast and put the disk back in the case I inevitably hit the 'waiting for root device' error. Oddly the error persists even when re-attaching the disk via USB and I have basically had to re-install from scratch every time I try something new with MultiBeast.

So I have two questions really;

- Is there a simple way to boot to my Yosemite USB install using Unibeast without having to re-install from scratch each time? Just to allow me to try different MultiBeast builds until I get it working. I've tried DSDT=NULL and still hit waiting for root device.
- Any ideas on what I can do to get around the 'waiting for root device' issue? Is there a particular SATA controller that I should be selecting? The Generic SATA 3 with EasyBeast settings does not seem to work.
- Additionally (cheeky 3rd question); once all up and running I'd love to get power management working correctly. Happy enough without using power management for now, but any tips on that front for a Z400 would be appreciated. I'm sure I can probably tackle this myself by doing some more reading though. I found a random Z400 DSDT but got KP on power management.

Apologies if this has all been covered elsewhere, I'm still finding my way around, but seems I've drawn a blank on my particular boot issue for now.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so tenacity has paid off and I managed to dig out the LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext fix which has got me booting succesfully! So Im 80% there with my build now.

Only seem to be three things not working now;

- Audio does not work. There don't appear to be any drivers for the ALC262 chipset on my Mobo. Any thoughts on this?
- Power management. I can live with that for now, but would like to get this working. I am researching custom DSDTs now.
- I have to manually add the UseKernelCache=No flag each boot despite having set that in MultiBeast. A bit odd but I'll research that too.

Anyone else having problems getting a Z400 to boot give me a shout and I'll impart what I've done so far to get to this stage. I'm seriously considering just shelling out on the recommended hardware now to build a new hackintosh!

I also have hp z400, and I have gotten it to work, but I recently tried to start from scratch and I'm having some trouble. I was able to get audio working at some point, but a few reboots later I had some error where I couldn't boot unless I booted into safe mode. Maybe we can both get it to work...

try disabling the boot cache. that is, “Ignore boot cache” in the boot.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back