Contribute
Register

HP XW8600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Benjudas! You may recognize me from another forum. :) I will try your audio kext with Mountain Lion even though I am now trying to (unsuccessfully) get Mavericks working on the xw8600.

Here you have the original AppleHDA.kext modded by me that work perfect in 10.9.5 in my XW8600.
It is modded for ALC262.

You just need to install AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext and boot with flag "-f" to get it work.

If you don´t want to use the boot flag, you should inject thru DSDT.

EDIT: Silly me, I was trying to get this to work in ML when you said it was for Mavericks. :)

~~~~~
Strange. That didn't work for me. I see "Intel High Definition Audio" showing up in the System Report, but there is no audio output device listed in the System Preferences. I used the -f boot option.

I used Kext Wizard to install the kexts and ran Permissions repair after.

Here you have the original AppleHDA.kext modded by me that work perfect in 10.9.5 in my XW8600.
It is modded for ALC262.

You just need to install AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext and boot with flag "-f" to get it work.

If you don´t want to use the boot flag, you should inject thru DSDT.

Hi trevorw. Well I see you only have one post in this forum so I do know how often you will be checking back.

I too have an xw8600 with Quadro 2000 but cannot get it to boot Mavericks unless in safe mode. Can you tell me more about your system specs? I have Dual 3.0GHz Xeon X5450 processors, 12GB RAM and a 500GB HD attached to the built-in SATA (RAID+AHCI disabled).

I have tried two other nVidia cards and a cheapie Radeon HD 2400 and they all result in black screens.

Oh, I am using Mavericks 10.9.5 for the installer, by the way.

I have an xw8600 running Mavericks with no issues on a Quadro FX1700 (Quadro 2000 wouldn't do dual monitors no matter what I tried) using the BCM5722D kext for ethernet and RAID+AHCI mode for the disks.

I recently tested a Yosemite upgrade and ethernet doesn't work with the BCM5722D kext.

Hi guys, sorry for a touch of THREAD NECRO... but i too have an xw8600 and was wondering whether anyone had managed to get El Capitan running on it?

I've had no luck using Unibeast 6.1 to build a LEGACY (NON-EUFI) USB Key using GPT!!

Did you guys need to tweak any BIOS settings to get it to Boot from USB?
Did you guys use Unibeast to build your USB sticks? MBR or GPT?

Any help would be awesome....

Make sure to format the thumb drive as mbr scheme and create the usb installer via terminal with the commands. I use a MacPro 3,1 as my smbios and dart=0 is a must. I used the latest clover boot loader and everything went fine. I just have an issue with the sound. I use vanilla applehda with applealc kext for sound but I'm only getting sound through headphone port in the front by using the proper layout id which is 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back