Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an HPxw8600 and i cannot for the life of me get it to want to install...I have gone through the steps but to no avail....can anyone help please

For your BIOS, do you have the IDE settings set to seperate IDE Controller yet? Try that that should allow you to boot.

I have an HPxw8600 and i cannot for the life of me get it to want to install...I have gone through the steps but to no avail....can anyone help please

You have multiple problems - no support for the Broadcom NICs, the ALC262 audio could be made to work, the QuadroFX gfx cards are a big problem here - search nVidia drivers for the specific cards you have as there are several it may be.

I won't say you can't get it working, but you have a long row to hoe to get it there.

Good luck!

Yep, that's the difficult part of this machine is the onboard NICs and the NVidia QuadroFX GFX cards. If they have an extra PCI card lying around that's at least a Realtek 81XXX or Intel then they should be okay. Geforce 7600GT should work.

Hello my name is kyle i have an xw8600 and have had no problems getting mine to work with the network and everything using attached network kext.
But a word of caution the latest os I can get working is 10.8.5 or 10.9.0 Yosemite will not work on mine using tonymac method make sure it's set to seperate ide controllers and 2.x voodoo for sound. hope this helps get a different video card the quadro simply has no support look on ebay for a card of you're choice that is osx compatable

P.s. if there is anybody out there that can help me get yosemite on my xw8600 i am open really open for help

Attachments

• BCM5722D.kext.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 175
I have an xw8600 running Mavericks with no issues on a Quadro FX1700 (Quadro 2000 wouldn't do dual monitors no matter what I tried) using the BCM5722D kext for ethernet and RAID+AHCI mode for the disks.

I recently tested a Yosemite upgrade and ethernet doesn't work with the BCM5722D kext.

I have an xw8600 running Mavericks with no issues on a Quadro FX1700 (Quadro 2000 wouldn't do dual monitors no matter what I tried) using the BCM5722D kext for ethernet and RAID+AHCI mode for the disks.

I recently tested a Yosemite upgrade and ethernet doesn't work with the BCM5722D kext.

How did you get Yosemite working?

I have full working Mavericks but my PC restart every time I hit "boot from usb"
I tried boot from HDD and choose USB Yosemite installator and it run but ended up with errors
(-x -v -f PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No (amd))

How did you get Yosemite working?

I have full working Mavericks but my PC restart every time I hit "boot from usb"
I tried boot from HDD and choose USB Yosemite installator and it run but ended up with errors
(-x -v -f PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No (amd))

I was able to get through the installator by using Unibeast with 10.10.0
with GraphicsEnabler=No and nv_disable=1 but then stuck with spinning beachball cursor while booting without -x argument.

Anyone?

*Apologies to the moderator. Just realized I posted about the same hardware, but in the Snow Leopard section of the forum. No problem if it needs to move.*

~~~~~~~
Thank you for posting the Broadcom kext above. Do you know where I can get the integrated audio from? Funny thing is HP's own website says it is a Realtek chipset but when I examine my system profile, it comes up with Intel audio. I guess that means "Realtek" is a marketing name for Intel's audio.

Do I just need to find the appropriate Multibeast for this?

Incidentally, I am running Mountain Lion.

Last edited:
*Apologies to the moderator. Just realized I posted about the same hardware, but in the Snow Leopard section of the forum. No problem if it needs to move.*

~~~~~~~
Thank you for posting the Broadcom kext above. Do you know where I can get the integrated audio from? Funny thing is HP's own website says it is a Realtek chipset but when I examine my system profile, it comes up with Intel audio. I guess that means "Realtek" is a marketing name for Intel's audio.

Do I just need to find the appropriate Multibeast for this?

Incidentally, I am running Mountain Lion.

Here you have the original AppleHDA.kext modded by me that work perfect in 10.9.5 in my XW8600.
It is modded for ALC262.

You just need to install AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext and boot with flag "-f" to get it work.

If you don´t want to use the boot flag, you should inject thru DSDT.

Attachments

• Audio XW8600.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back