Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

what would be the correct way to restore the default Yosemite delivered webcam kext?

I used the ProBook Installer to installed the HP Webcam Fixed driver but since then the picture of my webcam is nearly black (way too dark)?

Any willing to attach the original kext to this thread?

FYI: the webcam inside my 4530s is:

Product ID: 0xb230
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 99.99

Hi,

what would be the correct way to restore the default Yosemite delivered webcam kext?

I used the ProBook Installer to installed the HP Webcam Fixed driver but since then the picture of my webcam is nearly black (way too dark)?

Any willing to attach the original kext to this thread?

FYI: the webcam inside my 4530s is:

Product ID: 0xb230
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 99.99

I don't have "HP Webcam Fixed driver" in PBI.

I don't have "HP Webcam Fixed driver" in PBI.

Thx for getting back to me :)

I downloaded the latest version of PBI 2 hours ago so I can no longer check this but any chance there was some kind of fix for the HP Webcam in a previous release of PBI?

The only kext I manually installed after having run PBI was the latest USB kext from Rehabman to try to fix the problems I have with the USB 3.0 port in my 4530s... So far I did not succeed in fixing this either...

Tek_No

So, no one else is having problems with the webcam showing a nearly black image?

The Webcam Tool provided in PBI is solving this by manually setting the some values but then the cam is unusable because it's barely responding...

Thx for getting back to me :)

I downloaded the latest version of PBI 2 hours ago so I can no longer check this but any chance there was some kind of fix for the HP Webcam in a previous release of PBI?

The only kext I manually installed after having run PBI was the latest USB kext from Rehabman to try to fix the problems I have with the USB 3.0 port in my 4530s... So far I did not succeed in fixing this either...

Tek_No

No Webcam fix at all.

What about:

- Extra Tools
--- CameraControl

That is the tool I'm referring to...

Even if it was included at some point, it is just an app that you run.

I know:)

Well, I got it working in a useable way: problem is that I need to uncheck the "auto exposure" and need to use the exposure slider to make my webcam's image lighter. Apparently when sliding to the left the webcam is getting slower and slower. When moving to the right it is getting faster...

Found something interesting: whenever I remove "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" the camera control app is no longer working and freezing. When I load this kext the cam app is working properly.

Didn't know this kext and the camera were related???

Found something interesting: whenever I remove "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" the camera control app is no longer working and freezing. When I load this kext the cam app is working properly.

Didn't know this kext and the camera were related???

That's pretty weird.

Problem is we don't know what that kext does because it is closed-source. Evidently, the author is more interested protecting donations than sharing information/code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back