Contribute
Register

HP UEFI support added to Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update:

I am able to boot now with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and slide=0
Re-installed the OS and also used r.1208 from sourceforge .

Thanks for the help.

The files in this zip are not usable. If you open ver.txt - do you see anything in there? If yes, can you upload them again?

Your screenshot from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/92377-hp-uefi-support-added-clover-2.html#post573061
shows no memory allocation errors and those errors occurs on systems that require ApfioFix driver. It looks to me that memory is not an issue, like it is not an issue here on 4530s. The problem is something else, but I do not know what. Well, at least it works with AptioFix.

Edit: please try with removing kexts from /efi/kexts/Oher since I guess you already have those kexts installed to /S/L/E anyway.

I did that:

Code:
fs1:
UEFIDump.nsh

Creating new....
smbiosview ...
pci ...
devtree ...
dmpstore ...
map ...
devices ...
memmap ...
mem ...
ver ...
dh ...

then computer crash.

I've been having bad graphic glitches lately anyone know a fix for it?

Yeah I patched by getting the the dsdt from ubuntu and patching it with your fixes using MaciASL

And there have been no BIOS upgrades, hardware upgrades since?

Even with properly patched DSDT, sometimes these laptops will enter "glitch mode" especially after running other OS (Windows, Linux) or just randomly. Usually you can fix that with an EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC adapter disconnect, hold power button 30sec, put everything back & restart.

And there have been no BIOS upgrades, hardware upgrades since?

Even with properly patched DSDT, sometimes these laptops will enter "glitch mode" especially after running other OS (Windows, Linux) or just randomly. Usually you can fix that with an EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC adapter disconnect, hold power button 30sec, put everything back & restart.
I'll make a fresh patch just to make sure. I'll do it later and give an update.

And also, when you'll have time, please test if runtime services (nvram variables) are working in your case:
- UEFI boot to OSX
- add some test variable in Terminal:
> sudo nvram TEST=test
- check if it is there:
> nvram -p
(should print it among other vars)
- reboot into OSX and then check if it is still there:
> nvram -p

I found some interesting results.

1. I downloaded and compiled the latest clover (r1228) with CloverGrower (thanks STLVNUB)
2. My config.plist file:

Code:
<dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
    <key>USBInjection</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>USBFixOwnership</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>InjectClockID</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
    <key>boot-args</key>
    <string>-v npci=0x2000 slide=0</string>
    <key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
    <string>en:0</string>
    <key>InjectSystemID</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>LegacyBoot</key>
    <string>PBR</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
  <key>GraphicsInjector</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>DualLink</key>
    <string>0</string>
    <key>PatchVBios</key>
    <string>No</string>
</dict>

3. drivers64UEFI contains:
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
  • VboxHfs-64.efi
I'm unable to boot without OsxAptioFixDrv-64.

After adding OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi I'm able to boot into OS X. Now I open the USB drive in Finder and remove OsxAptioFixDrv. Reboot again. Here's something interesting: Now I'm able to boot without OsxAptioFixDrv!

I turn off the computer. I need OsxAptioFixDrv again.

- add some test variable in Terminal:
> sudo nvram TEST=test
- check if it is there:
> nvram -p
Yes, it's there.

- reboot into OSX and then check if it is still there:
> nvram -p
Not anymore.

Hi zoltankr,

Regarding errors with UEFI dump: it seems that older edk shell (efi shell) is not properly working on your newer UEFI. You probably need new EDK II (uefi shell). See here for more details: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2562&view=findpost&p=28442

Regarding nvram variable not being there after reboot: this means that your original runtime variable services are not working properly. In that case it's better to use EmuVariableUefi driver which will isolate original UEFI runtime var services from OSX and install in-memory emulation.

Your original runtime variable services are working partially: reading is working, writing is not. I have the same situation here. And then ... OSX will write any changes made in nvram back to runtime variable services on shutdown. And since writing to this runtime var. services is not working properly and is not throwing errors, nobody knows what is actually happening in that case. And that's why I would recommend to use EmuVariableUefi driver - not to risk nvram corruption with inproper use of real runtime var. services.

Current Clover's version of that driver does not work for some users. I've put new version for testing here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2428&view=findpost&p=28411

If you are willing, you can test it. Maybe the issue with working/not-working boot without AptioFix is related to that invalid runtime services also.

And a note to all: although I am using it for a year now (on my desktop), I still consider UEFI OSX boot to be experimental. We are all still investigating how it works, what works, what not and why. Keep that in mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back