Contribute
Register

HP Spectre x360 - Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is I2S audio supported on OSX?? Perhaps through a DSDT patch?? Didn't find any useful results on google. This laptops seems to be using I2S Audio interface as per this post on the HP Forum.

First that I've head of it, but probably not.

Maybe there is a way to put the chip into HDA mode? Would require reading up on the Intel HDA data sheet for the chipset/device involved.

Hello again. after time I return to continue to try. thanks for the help, got a brick in the bios but I solved it (the problem was to stop DVMT to 0 and restart the pc and got a brick), but I solved it :).

-srinu9 could you give me your clover to boot. Thank you.

Hello,

I'd also appreciate a step-by-step guide for the spectre x360. I think it is a great device that should run both windows and mac os! How can I realise this plan of dual booting those two OSs? :)

Dear Srinu9 - I am also fighting with Audio on the x360 / also ALC286. I am just wondering if you had any success in the meantime?

Best regards!

Dear Srinu9 - I am also fighting with Audio on the x360 / also ALC286. I am just wondering if you had any success in the meantime?

Best regards!

Hello, here is a workaround to have the audio working on x360 :

find this part in your dsdt file :
Code:
Method (_INI, 0, Serialized)  // _INI: Initialize
        {
            Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
                If (_OSI ("Windows 2009"))
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2012"))
                {
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

If (_OSI ("Windows 2013"))
                {
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

or this :
Code:
        {
            Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
            {
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

And replace with :
Code:
        {
            Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
            {
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

After this editing, do one or twice cold reboots.
Now Audio should work on OS X.
If you just have OS X installed on your x360, audio should work now at any time.

The audio DSP is loaded in HDA mode and no more in I2S mode.

Unfortunately, if you have a dual boot with OS X and Windows, each time you boot on Windows, the audio dsp will be loaded again in I2s mode during the next boot.

To put back the audio in OS X, you will have to do a cold reboot after booting on OS X.

Hello, here is a workaround to have the audio working on x360 :

find this part in your dsdt file :
Code:
        {
            Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
            {
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

or this :
Code:
        {
            Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
            {
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

And replace with :
Code:
        {
            Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
            {
                {
                    Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DC, OSYS)
                }

{
                    Store (0x07DD, OSYS)
                }
            }

After this editing, do one or twice cold reboots.
Now Audio should work on OS X.
If you just have OS X installed on your x360, audio should work now at any time.

The audio DSP is loaded in HDA mode and no more in I2S mode.

Unfortunately, if you have a dual boot with OS X and Windows, each time you boot on Windows, the audio dsp will be loaded again in I2s mode during the next boot.

To put back the audio in OS X, you will have to do a cold reboot after booting on OS X.

Use the appropriate "OS Check Fix" patch. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/175789-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

You might also try ResetHDA=true (Clover config.plist option... read Clover wiki).

@escape74

I'm assuming that is a workaround to get the audio to switch to hda mode after a couple of reeboots... am I understanding it right?

But im completely lost as to what hda patch to use or enabler for the audio itself...

Could you or anyone help with explaining the full process and all the steps to get the audio on the spectre x360 working please? I would greatly apreciate it!

@RehabMan maybe you can help me patch the dsdt for the spectre... ive been trying and messing around applying different patches but it doesn't seem to make any difference when adding it to clover and rebooting...

I'm also experiencing a weird issue where I get compile error that says "unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File" or something like that.. and I still get the error when disassembling through terminal with iasl with both dsdt and ssdt files... This is an error that exists right after disassembling the dsdt without applying any patches...

Also I dont have sleep working... it seems to wake instantly.. and upon waking the screen turns on for 2 seconds and then goes black... so I also lose display after sleep...

Also randomly the trackpad stops working... it can work for a very long time with no issues.. or randomly stop working shortly after bootup

@escape74

I'm assuming that is a workaround to get the audio to switch to hda mode after a couple of reeboots... am I understanding it right?

But im completely lost as to what hda patch to use or enabler for the audio itself...

Could you or anyone help with explaining the full process and all the steps to get the audio on the spectre x360 working please? I would greatly apreciate it!

@RehabMan maybe you can help me patch the dsdt for the spectre... ive been trying and messing around applying different patches but it doesn't seem to make any difference when adding it to clover and rebooting...

I'm also experiencing a weird issue where I get compile error that says "unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File" or something like that.. and I still get the error when disassembling through terminal with iasl with both dsdt and ssdt files... This is an error that exists right after disassembling the dsdt without applying any patches...

Also I dont have sleep working... it seems to wake instantly.. and upon waking the screen turns on for 2 seconds and then goes black... so I also lose display after sleep...

Also randomly the trackpad stops working... it can work for a very long time with no issues.. or randomly stop working shortly after bootup

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

For Audio on Spectre:

- First make sure that you have a proper dsdt.dsl file to work on as explained by rehabman
- Use his repo for getting patches
- The following patches you need for Audio: "Audio Layout 3" and "OS Check Fix Vista"
- Delete the original AppleHDA.kext for ALC286 from S/L/E and replace with my attachment, sponsored by Mirone. That will enable your built in speakers and the 3,5 mm Headphone. No Microphone support yet, hope to get an update for the HDA Patch soon

Try it, all the best:beachball:

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 423
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back