Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my setup IFR.txt !!! 20150808_032301.jpg

y este es el error.! 20150807_234905.jpg
what can I do?

this is my setup IFR.txt !!! View attachment 146399

y este es el error.! View attachment 146400
what can I do?

I think that may be what you get when the variable is encrypted. When you read the variable back, does it come out changed?

Also, you can see from your IFR that this variable is at two offsets 0x1F0 and 0x1F1. Others who've had that needed to set both.

If you can't set it, you need to rely on the frame buffer (assertion avoidance) patch (and hope that it doesn't cause stability issues).

this is my setup IFR.txt !!! View attachment 146399

y este es el error.! View attachment 146400
what can I do?

That error is normal. Just proceed with changing both the values to 0x3 by running both the commands one by one and restart.. If you don't see 64MB as dedicated memory in Windows after rebooting, boot to UEFI she'll again and run the commands one more time..

If you can't set it, you need to rely on the frame buffer (assertion avoidance) patch (and hope that it doesn't cause stability issues).

Framebuffer patch didn't seem to be working on this Laptop.. At least for me as I might have done something wrong.. But the DVMT method works well..

Framebuffer patch didn't seem to be working on this Laptop.. At least for me as I might have done something wrong.. But the DVMT method works well..

Changing DVMT-prealloc is preferred. But yes, if you got the same panic after enabling the patch, you probably did it incorrectly.

Please note that one of the patches floating around (not mine), reverses the logic of the assertion, which means if you have DVMT-prealloc set as required, the assertion will fire, and will not fire only on the case that DVMT-prealloc is not set as required. My patch disables the assertion completely.

Changing DVMT-prealloc is preferred. But yes, if you got the same panic after enabling the patch, you probably did it incorrectly.

Please note that one of the patches floating around (not mine), reverses the logic of the assertion, which means if you have DVMT-prealloc set as required, the assertion will fire, and will not fire only on the case that DVMT-prealloc is not set as required. My patch disables the assertion completely.
Understood. Thanks for the explanation.. :thumbup:

hellllp ... please. I stayed as a brick bios help please. I do not know what to do. DVMT try changing 2 times but not now on.
1st put setup_var 0x1 0x1 setup_var F0 and F1 and left the same mistake. reboot the pc and not change anything. so try a second time.
2nd did the same setup_var 0x1 0x1 setup_var F0 and F1 and changed in both the last message to "offset 0x1f0 setting to 0x0". reboot and not lit anymore. what can I do. helppppp ... please. !!!!:cry::cry::banghead:

hellllp ... please. I stayed as a brick bios help please. I do not know what to do. DVMT try changing 2 times but not now on.
1st put setup_var 0x1 0x1 setup_var F0 and F1 and left the same mistake. reboot the pc and not change anything. so try a second time.
2nd did the same setup_var 0x1 0x1 setup_var F0 and F1 and changed in both the last message to "offset 0x1f0 setting to 0x0". reboot and not lit anymore. what can I do. helppppp ... please. !!!!:cry::cry::banghead:

It is a little hard to decode your post. Please try to be clear about what you did and what the results are.

My guess from the mangled text above...

- you carelessly wrote incorrect commands and potentially changed the wrong setting or wrong value
- now your computer won't even boot to BIOS
- your computer may be a brick

I am not sure how you calculated those commands. Looks like you have got all the commands wrong. The correct commands for your situation based on your IFR.txt would be as below..

setup_var 0x1F0 0x3
setup_var 0x1F1 0x3

Those commands are same for my Laptop also. If you are not even able to get into BIOS now, visiting a service center might be the best option to get it fixed.

Note:

Look for patched AppleHDA for Realtek ALC286, or patch your own...

Is I2S audio supported on OSX?? Perhaps through a DSDT patch?? Didn't find any useful results on google. This laptops seems to be using I2S Audio interface as per this post on the HP Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back