Contribute
Register

HP Spectre x360 - Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my English. But I need a complete guide to install it on my PC. I could not do it with the guides put. always got a black screen and I could not do my DVMT of DVMT is 192mb. I need a step by step guide please. my pc is hp specter x360 hd intel i7 5500U 8gb ram equal to yours please if you can climb a video to youtube. 1000 thanks.

Sorry for my English. But I need a complete guide to install it on my PC. I could not do it with the guides put. always got a black screen and I could not do my DVMT of DVMT is 192mb. I need a step by step guide please. my pc is hp specter x360 hd intel i7 5500U 8gb ram equal to yours please if you can climb a video to youtube. 1000 thanks.

I am still struggling to get everything working on my Spectre x360, especially the Audio. I will try to put a guide together soon. Not finding enough time to work on this lately. Post exactly where you are struck along with screenshots if possible. I will try to help along the way.

ok thanks. I'll be waiting. :headbang: ;) :!:

sorry, how you got ".ROM" bios. :roll2:

sorry, how you got ".ROM" bios. :roll2:
I assume you are trying to change the DVMT Pre-allocated memory.

The extracted BIOS files using AIDA64 Extreme tool from my laptop were unusable with UEFITools to extract the 'Setup --> PE32 image' section.

So, I took an alternate route. Below are my steps which were successful for my model. Please follow at your own risk if you don't have this exact model (HP Spectre x360 13-4011TU).

1. Download the latest BIOS Updater from the drivers section of HP website. (Make sure you choose the correct model while downloading. In my case HP Spectre x360 13-4011TU)

2. If your BIOS version is lower than the downloaded version, update the BIOS by executing the downloaded file and following the on screen instructions.

3. After successful BIOS Update and restart. Go to the BIOS again and make a note of the System Board ID which is available in the Main section of the BIOS. (802D in my case)

4. Run the BIOS Updater file again and this time select the option "Copy" and choose a destination to copy the bios files.

5. After finishing, navigate to the folder you specified and you will find Two or more files with .bin extension.

6. The bin file with the name which exactly matches with your "System Board ID" can be used with UEFI Tools to proceed further.

In my case, I had Two variables for DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory in the extracted PE32 from BIOS bin file and I had to change both of them to 0x3 (96 MB). Then I was able to see 64 MB Dedicated memory in Windows.

Hope this helps.

Power management is not correct (X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded).
I have generated the SSDT and the Power management, Sleep & Wakeup are working fine now. I can see x86PlatformPlugin loaded in the IOReg.

Couple of issues at the moment:
1. Taking approximately 20 seconds for going to sleep.
2. Touchscreen not working after Wakeup from Sleep and I see the Bluetooth Keyboard assistant after waking up. If I close the lid and open it back after sleep, then the touch screen is working fine and the Bluetooth assistant also disappears.

Any thoughts?? I have attached all the files which might be necessary including IOReg before Sleep, after Wakeup and after closing-opening the lid.

Audio:
I am still struggling to get the audio working (Realtek ALC 3242). Any suggestions on the best course to get it working ?? DPCIManager is not detecting any Codec. I managed to get the dump using Ubuntu and attempted to patch voodoohda without any luck. voodoohda not even detecting any devices. I am thinking of attempting to patch AppleHDA itself but had my doubts whether it will be successful or not as there was no codec detected by DPCIManager.

View attachment CLOVER.zip
View attachment DSDT&SSDT-Patched.zip
View attachment IOReg.zip
View attachment Original ACPI.zip

1. Taking approximately 20 seconds for going to sleep.

It is a feature of OS X, not a bug. Sleep is delayed by 15-20sec.

2. Touchscreen not working after Wakeup from Sleep and I see the Bluetooth Keyboard assistant after waking up. If I close the lid and open it back after sleep, then the touch screen is working fine and the Bluetooth assistant also disappears.

Bluetooth issue: SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck boxes.

Any thoughts?? I have attached all the files which might be necessary including IOReg before Sleep, after Wakeup and after closing-opening the lid.

You can see in ioreg how the touchscreen (usb device on EHC1) is not detected after sleep.

Audio:
I am still struggling to get the audio working (Realtek ALC 3242).

Get codec dump from Linux to find out real codec id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back