Graphics
AMD Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am about to install Mac on my laptop and got this ONE last final question ;) Promise.

I have a Windows partition and two HP partitions which contain recovery data. I want to be able to make a multi boot system after installing Mac, so is it possible to format Windows partition, install Mac, make a new Windows partition and then use HP Recovery Partition to install into it.

OR Would I HAVE TO delete ALL three partitions before installing Mac?

Thank you very much.

problem is,

i think he is worried about losing his Windows 7 OS, if he deletes all

my advice, call HP and get rescue disks

I don't need all their HP Bloatware, and I have original Windows DVD so that's not the biggest problem. I am more worried about how to get windows after I install Mac.

Is it possible to do it after I install Lion or should it be done while installing?

Thanks.

I'm in the same situation you are. My plan is to use a free disk image utility. google "free disk image" to make an image of the original and then blow it away.

geejay123 said:
I am about to install Mac on my laptop and got this ONE last final question ;) Promise.

I have a Windows partition and two HP partitions which contain recovery data. I want to be able to make a multi boot system after installing Mac, so is it possible to format Windows partition, install Mac, make a new Windows partition and then use HP Recovery Partition to install into it.

OR Would I HAVE TO delete ALL three partitions before installing Mac?

Thank you very much.

I called and got the install disks from HP shipped next day (they were free). You get two disks, window 7 clean with no bloat and a HP drivers disks plus bloat - choose what you want to install - I only install the drivers from the bloat disk. I repartitioned my disk with OSX USB installer (use the disk utility program) I setup half for OSX and left the other partition blank. Once OSX was installed I then installed Windows and when it was finished (it removes the Chimera boot) you reboot with your OSX installer and rerun the Chimera/Chameleon install that fixes the boot loader and you can now choose what disk to load at boot!

tjohnson5 said:
I called and got the install disks from HP shipped next day (they were free). You get two disks, window 7 clean with no bloat and a HP drivers disks plus bloat - choose what you want to install - I only install the drivers from the bloat disk. I repartitioned my disk with OSX USB installer (use the disk utility program) I setup half for OSX and left the other partition blank. Once OSX was installed I then installed Windows and when it was finished (it removes the Chimera boot) you reboot with your OSX installer and rerun the Chimera/Chameleon install that fixes the boot loader and you can now choose what disk to load at boot!

That's the best way to do it, because you have all the drivers. If a person can't wait for the disks to arrive, you can download Windows 7 from Microsoft (look for the same version that your laptop came with.) Copy the iso to a DVD. Then, use the product number that your laptop's Win 7 came with (from under the laptop) to install Windows 7. That's what I did, and it accepted the number no problem.

After that, you have to download all the drivers from HP's web site, and install those.

hey if your trying to dual boot widows 7 (dont use sp1) + mac os x lion you have to format the disk and make two partitions using disk utility (journaled and fat)... Then install the mac os x. when you get done, install the windows 7 and make the mac partition active. you can do this by going to command prompt.

IF you want to install the sp1 update on windows 7. you have to make the windows 7 partition active again otherwise it wont let you install. :)

This is just a random comment ahaha x)

Hp are charging £30 for recovery disks for my new 4530s.. Just called them. I wiped my recovery partition without backing it up when installing OSX and I have now installed Win7 on a new second partition. Does anyone know which essential drivers need to be installed from the Hp website for Win7 without the bloatware? The list there seems a bit unclear. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back