CPU
i5 4670
Graphics
Intel hd 4600 / EVGA GT 630 2GB
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if you guys recommend to use the iGPU or the GPU when I install High Sierra. The system is a hp prodesk 600 g1 twr.

It has:
  1. 1. i5 4670 Chip
  2. 8 gig of ram
  3. 750 gig 7200 rpm
  4. evga gt 630 2 gig graphics
  5. intel hd 4600 graphics as well
  6. 320 watt power supply
  7. 2 display ports on board
  8. 2 DVI ports and 1 HDMI on gt 630
  9. Realtek 2-channel ALC221 Codec
I would like to know what you guys recommend in iGPU or GPU. If it is possible to use them together. This is because I have a 27 inch 2 k monitor that will be able to support the two display ports from board. This DP gives out a higher resolution than the GT 630. Is it possible to use the Gt 630 when I am using my 1080 p monitor and when I hook the system up to my 27 inch monitors... can I just change it to integrated graphics on the fly. I was actually hoping to be able to change back and forth use the iGPU when using the 27 inch monitor and than turn igpu and turn on the GPU when using 1080 monitor. Also when I make my usb drive using unibeast.. do i choose no gpu and than inject it afterwards? Also, It doesn't have wifi but I have two different usb wifi devices that already work for mac so those will work. It doesn't have bluetooth and I am wondering what is the best way to get bluetooth due to the fact that I always use my bluetooth keyboard day in and day out! All the help will be greatly appreciated. I bought the HP prodesk 600 g1 on ebay for 156 dollars and I really hate windows and love mac so I was like why not build a hackintosh. Once again thanks for all the advice!

Last edited:
Why are you wanting to use the GT630 - it's not much faster than the HD4600 iGPU? You should be able to use both DisplayPort outputs with the iGPU - just use a DP to HDMI adapter for the second display.

For Bluetooth are you using Ethernet or a wireless card? If Ethernet just add a USB dongle - if wireless then I recommend the Azurewave AW-CE123H with a PCIe adapter and USB cable - this will give you 802.11ac with BT4.0.

I just thought discrete graphics is better than integrated. If I wanted to upgrade the graphics would you recommend the group 960?
Also I already have a USB wifi 1200ac. Which I use that when I need wifi. But currently I be using ethernet. But eventually I upgraded and add the wifi and Bluetooth combo later on. I currently I already bought a Bluetooth usb adapter and a USB audio adapter and a dp to hdmi. But why should I use the gt 630 I thought discrete graphics was better and I thought it was faster than the HD 4600

GT630 is a low end card - similar passmark score to HD4600 so I wouldn't bother using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back