Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HP Probook UserDSDT MultiBeast Setup

Just posted a DSDT to the DSDT Database based on a linux extract of model XU015UT, with BIOS F.20- it includes all of the fixes supplied in BK's pack, plus a fixed location for the atheros wifi hack that works with 10.7.2 Vanilla 80211Family.kext- no need to patch ID, the DSDT spoofs the Device ID of 2A.

People should be able to use this instead of using the DSDT Auto-Patcher. But ONLY on this XU015UT model.

DSDT for HP Probook 4530s XU015UT F20

probook-mb.png

Also installed the following kexts to System/Library/Extensions via KextBeast- from blueking' pack:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

:thumbup: :mrgreen:

NOTE: Basic audio, graphics, network, wifi, battery. No Bluetooth, cardslot, USB3 used- and some kexts are in blueking' Extra.kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
tonymacx86 said:
HP Probook UserDSDT MultiBeast Setup

Just posted a DSDT to the DSDT Database based on a linux extract of model XU015UT, with BIOS F.20- it includes all of the fixes supplied in BK's pack, plus a fixed location for the atheros wifi hack that works with 10.7.2 Vanilla 80211Family.kext- no need to patch ID, the DSDT spoofs the Device ID of 2A.

People should be able to use this instead of using the DSDT Auto-Patcher. But ONLY on this XU015UT model.

DSDT for HP Probook 4530s XU015UT F20

probook-mb.png

Also installed the following kexts to System/Library/Extensions via KextBeast- from blueking' pack:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleACPIPlatform.kext
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

:thumbup: :mrgreen:

NOTE: Basic audio, graphics, network, wifi, battery. No Bluetooth, cardslot, USB3 used- and some kexts are in blueking' Extra.kext.

Great stuff :) will the alternative dsdt's be made available at some point tony??

Last edited by a moderator:
They will be eventually. I'll test the wifi patch and if it works I'll add it to the auto patcher for a temporary fix.

Happy days, any chance we can get them With & Without the ATI cards?
I could easily use my ubuntu disk to extract 2 fresh dsdt's,
with & without the card active to be edited.
I'm sure people with other models could do the same.

It should be the same I believe no matter whether the card is enabled or not.

But if need be, tony will make one.

I think my 4430s BIOS might be the same as the 4530s F.20. The release came out the same day and looks to be the same file. Does that mean it could be the same for all of the 4530s models? Or at least the 4X30s models that shipped with the i3/Atheros etc?

liposuction said:
I think my 4430s BIOS might be the same as the 4530s F.20. The release came out the same day and looks to be the same file. Does that mean it could be the same for all of the 4530s models? Or at least the 4X30s models that shipped with the i3/Atheros etc?

Could be- the only way to tell would be to extract the vanilla one and compare with this one:

Attachments

• DSDT-Vanilla-HP-Probook-4530s-F.20.dsl
    928.5 KB · Views: 166
There is no need for FakeSMC.kext?
What is your recommendation for boot.plist? Should we use GE=Yes? Could you please upload your boot.plist
Thank you.

Fakesmc.kext is installed via UserDSDT- no need to install it manually.

From MultiBeast:
UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT. Requires your custom DSDT on the desktop before installation. Audio and Network will have to be enabled separately.

UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension. Installs your DSDT as DSDT.aml, Chimera v1.5.4 r1394, FakeSMC, 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme. The system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support beyond GraphicsEnabler. Install with System Utilities tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back