Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Could not find a ideal sub forum for this question..so please move if there is a proBook installer subforum i missed.

Now my machine is:

The serial number is CNU21815PQ.

The model number is A6E08EA#ABU.

This page shows that I have a
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_ProBook_4530s_1164140.html

shows 2.5Ghz Sandy Bridge

yet in the HP ProBook installer App Sys Definition options there is nothing that corresponds to this
there is
i3/i5 Sandy Bridge 2.4Ghz

or
i3/i5 Ivy Bridge Core i5 2.5Ghz

The spec I have found shows 2.5 Ghz SANDY bridge

umm..so what should I choose? or is it largely irrelevant?

Could not find a ideal sub forum for this question..so please move if there is a proBook installer subforum i missed.

Now my machine is:

The serial number is CNU21815PQ.

The model number is A6E08EA#ABU.

This page shows that I have a
http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_ProBook_4530s_1164140.html

shows 2.5Ghz Sandy Bridge

yet in the HP ProBook installer App Sys Definition options there is nothing that corresponds to this

Huh? This is what I see in the ProBook Installer v6.1:
Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 6.16.38 AM.png

there is
i3/i5 Sandy Bridge 2.4Ghz

or
i3/i5 Ivy Bridge Core i5 2.5Ghz

The spec I have found shows 2.5 Ghz SANDY bridge

umm..so what should I choose? or is it largely irrelevant?

According to your link you have i5-2450 which is Sandy Bridge. You should choose "i3/i5 Sandy Bridge", but you should really check in BIOS "System Information" to see what actual CPU you have, just to be sure.

I will move your thread to the ML ProBook forum.

Hi Rehab..sorry for not getting back to this post...did not get e-mail notification of a reply...

think I was getting confused thinking that Sandy was 2.4Ghz..yet the spec showed 2.5. not sure now, but either way it seems to work with how I set it up with the Samdy bridge option.

Thanks

Hi Rehab..sorry for not getting back to this post...did not get e-mail notification of a reply...

think I was getting confused thinking that Sandy was 2.4Ghz..yet the spec showed 2.5. not sure now, but either way it seems to work with how I set it up with the Samdy bridge option.

Thanks

For the system definition, you're just trying to find one that is close (based on architecture/cores). The clock speed on the actual chip is not relevant since SSDT takes care of the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back