Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6470b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but, what do you mean by "booting your HDD install with Unibeast."

Like step 12 of the sticky guide. Boot to your Unibeast key with F9 at BIOS, then choose your HDD partition where OS X is installed.

You might also remove /Extra/ssdt.aml and review what you have in /Extra/smbios.plist.

Come to find out, I didn't install Chimera to the HDD so I've been booting from unibeast, but I generated by SDST from Windows. I used the Macbook Air SMBios since they shared the same CPU and the clocked speed went to 1.79 (close enough). I also change a few other things I'm not sure which one did the trick but I'm able to boot into my Hackintosh build.

The error 0x3a is still there but it doesn't hang anymore. Also I'm not sure if the QE/CI is on, my statusbar is not clear. I've checked the system report and my GPU is recognized.

Not sure it helps really, but have you set
SMcputype in /Extra/SMBios.plist ?​
They say fresh Chameleon should detect CPU properly, but you can always give a try.
For i5-3427U (ie. 3rd gen I5 mobile CPU) it should be 1538 which is HEX 0x602. Where 6 stands for 3rd gen i5 and 2 is mobile cpu.

Code:
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1538</string>

Thanks dude, I used TextWrangler to insert into the SMBios.plist but is this only cosmetic? I still get the error: 0x3a and playback of videos are choppy. I think it have something to do with my Intel HD 4000.

Thanks dude, I used TextWrangler to insert into the SMBios.plist but is this only cosmetic? I still get the error: 0x3a and playback of videos are choppy. I think it have something to do with my Intel HD 4000.

You should verify you're getting proper power management #1: see http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html

And you should look at whether you have HD4K drivers (AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext) loading properly or not... Maybe you don't have the DSDT patches necessary for HD4K? See ProBook patches...

You should verify you're getting proper power management #1: see http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...peedstep-sandy-bridge-cpus-using-msrdump.html

And you should look at whether you have HD4K drivers (AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext) loading properly or not... Maybe you don't have the DSDT patches necessary for HD4K? See ProBook patches...

I was able to patch all the patches except View attachment 02_DSDTPatch modified LPC id.txt which gave me 201 errors on two different DSDT editors. What does this patch do?

I was able to patch all the patches except View attachment 56914 which gave me 201 errors on two different DSDT editors. What does this patch do?
DSDT:
- Download maciASL
- open your raw DSDT with maciASL
- go to Preferences, then Sources and add the source "http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/master" and a name for it
- close the Preferences window
- click Patch
- Select the patch called: ProBook 4x40s Ivy Bridge (or Sandy in case you have it), Apply
- Select the patch called: IGPU/LVDS Dual-link (or IGPU/LVDS Single-link, if your screen resolution is 1366x786), Apply
- Select the patch called: Fan and Temps (readings only), Apply
- save the DSDT.aml to /Extra/

This didn't work for you?

I was able to patch all the patches except View attachment 56914 which gave me 201 errors on two different DSDT editors. What does this patch do?

I think you should re-read the instructions at post #1 (same as instructions he reposted above) by kpkp. You're obviously not following them. The instructions call for using only the patches in the MaciASL repo, so I don't know where the one you callout above is coming from...

BTW, I think for this laptop you can also use the DSDT patcher/generator that is part of the ProBook Installer v6.1. From the DSDT standpoint, this laptop is essentially a ProBook 4x40s.

I think you should re-read the instructions at post #1 by kpkp. You're obviously not following them. The instructions call for using only the patches in the MaciASL repo, so I don't know where the one you callout above is coming from...

BTW, I think for this laptop you can also use the DSDT patcher/generator that is part of the ProBook Installer v6.1. From the DSDT standpoint, this laptop is essentially a ProBook 4x40s.

I follow them correctly the first time, and I kept getting vertical tearing and dropped fps. it's just like my 4-5 times, so I was trying anything. You said something about all the patches and I thought you were referring to those in the "old" folder. My mistake. I just tried the Probook Installer, it said it was successful. I will be rebooting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back