Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6470b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Apple changed something in the kext... Will investigate when I have a bit of time, or if you find out a solution, post it here.

Here is the guide I followed the first time I made it to work.

PS: And yes I am fine thx for asking, waiting for 10.9, for some new "excitement".

@Interocitor, good job, I love when people put some effort in to it before asking a 100 questions that were answered a 1000 times before, you :headbang:.

Thank you kpkp, I actually bought the computer based upon this thread and I appreciate your hard work.

shpokas01, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely update the BIOS.

I made sure to create a backup os X partition just for testing, so if anyone wants to me tryout anything, just ask.

No audio in 10.8.5... New kext needed? Everything else it working i think, temp fix with VoodooHDA latest, but doesnt have more than one volume option, which is high i think... and mute is a nogo...

No audio in 10.8.5... New kext needed? Everything else it working i think, temp fix with VoodooHDA latest, but doesnt have more than one volume option, which is high i think... and mute is a nogo...

AppleHDA was updated in 10.8.5, so you will need to re-install the patched AppleHDA you were using or a newly created patched version based on the current kext in 10.8.5.

well, neither of the AppleHDA.kexts in the Downloads in the OP worked but i did find one that does in 10.8.5 it works full from what i have tested, Line out works, volume and mute work, and Microphone works, I havent tested DP Out yet, but i assume it works :) heres the kext I used

credit goes to: mirone from osx86.net

link to kext: http://db.tt/CMopf9Pw

edit: also, has anyone seen a kext that allows the use of the wireless button? Its annoying me that it stays orange constantly... and has no function... (I have replace my Wireless card with an AR5BHB92 that works great with AirPort)

Are we allowed to discuss Mavericks now that GM is out?

What should I do to patch AppleHDA , if a new version released

Based on the previous patched AppleHDA, I think :

1. patch-hda
2. Replace info.plist, layout.xml.zlib,Platforms.xml.zlib

Is that all?

What should I do to patch AppleHDA , if a new version released

Based on the previous patched AppleHDA, I think :

1. patch-hda
2. Replace info.plist, layout.xml.zlib,Platforms.xml.zlib

Is that all?

Yes... I have a script that does this for a few AppleHDAs...

Let me know what patch-hda codec this thing needs and I'll add it to my list of AppleHDA's that are already patched. Maybe someday we can get it in the ProBook Installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back