Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 6470B - What is the recommended installation method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to reenable dual boot on original drive, however, I deleted it accidentally... Some custom made bootloader, IT department will reinstall it...

But I noticed that Parallels Desktop cannot install any Windows - is there something additional to be installed?
It alerts me for single processor only, then it loops black screen... (worked on 10.8)

Wanted to reenable dual boot on original drive, however, I deleted it accidentally... Some custom made bootloader, IT department will reinstall it...

But I noticed that Parallels Desktop cannot install any Windows - is there something additional to be installed?
It alerts me for single processor only, then it loops black screen... (worked on 10.8)

Never tried to use Parallels (using multi-boot)...

But...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Here it is, thanks!

Also tried Boot Camp to create bootable USB with windows 7, but also failed while copying.

Do you have VT-x enabled in BIOS?

Just red apple support - I have now! It appears to be working, thanks a lot!

Also, if I update BIOS, besides VT-x and UEFI set as hybrid and boot options, can I enable Firewire and network boot?

Just red apple support - I have now! It appears to be working, thanks a lot!

Also, if I update BIOS, besides VT-x and UEFI set as hybrid and boot options, can I enable Firewire and network boot?

Not sure why you want "network boot"?

I believe enabling FW will break the card reader.

Do not need it at all, but last time they recovered my partitions, IT guys had to enable all network features in BIOS. Firewire is also not needed, just wanted to know...

Will remove OS HDD and let them repair the mess, then play with it again!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards, Vedran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back