Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x40s Choice of WIFI Adaptor for Mac OS X

What Wireless Adaptor do you use on your 4x40s Series Hackintosh? (Please vote and elaborate)

• Don't Use WIFI, only Ethernet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another Wireless Adaptor Solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s
CPU
i5 3230M 2.6GHz
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I would like to take a poll on what choice of Wireless adaptor you all are using of your HP Probooks 4x40s series laptops.

I am using a Dlink DWA-171 USB Wireless adaptor. I forced the installation of the drivers from Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on 10.9 Mavericks, and it works great.

What does everyone else use?

Hi everyone,

I would like to take a poll on what choice of Wireless adaptor you all are using of your HP Probooks 4x40s series laptops.

I am using a Dlink DWA-171 USB Wireless adaptor. I forced the installation of the drivers from Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on 10.9 Mavericks, and it works great.

What does everyone else use?

AR5BHB92 (AR9280). Natively supported as AirPort. $5.99 on ebay.

I have Atheros AR5B195 - combo WiFi/Blutooth 3.0 (AR9285/AR3011) I don't use the Blutooth but will need it when I acquire Blutooth devices.

I really want to get an ac standard card when they are more mature in the market.

Hi Rehabman,

Is AR5B195 in Probook 4440s' whitelist of wifi cards? I tried a few wifi cards but it doesn't work with my Probook 4440s. Could you please suggest me any card in Ebay that may work in my laptop?

Thanks.

Hi Rehabman,

Is AR5B195 in Probook 4440s' whitelist of wifi cards? I tried a few wifi cards but it doesn't work with my Probook 4440s. Could you please suggest me any card in Ebay that may work in my laptop?

Thanks.

The 4x40s series laptops don't have a whitelist. Any card compatible with OS X will work...

I use bcm94352hmb . It's a bit expensive but i love it because i can use 867mbps on my wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back