-Max 2:30 hrs
-6 cell battery
-25% brightness
-4530s
-i3 2310m
-4GB
-standard screen
-640GB on old fashioned plates

Is still think that the issue that is making our batteries last this short is screen brightness, lowest level is still to high.

Also: OS X is using a harddisk constantly (guessing from the front diode) and thus it cannot go to sleep, any suggestions ?

thanks for the feedback,

maybe ur hdd is being indexed or something, either something new or major was added to ur system, or just a fresh install? i noticed this also happen after updating small apps and large apps such as the safari 6.02 update.

suprised our batteries under w7 last upto and past 5,6 hours. looks like a good chance to close the gap. too bad i dont know much about programming or understanding tech stuff.

Hp 4530s

Standart 6 cell
Core i5 !!
8g ram
500HDD
Brightness ~ medium: For some reason my brightness levels work fine just by pushing the brightness buttons(f1,f2)

First time using it lasted almost 4 hours (might of been 4+ hours) with heavy usage downloading FCPX, Word 2011, and Compressor. Also edited and exported a 4min 1080p video on FCPX which took a while to export. And heavy internet usage and I connected the probook to my tv via hdmi.

I was very impressed with the battery as I thought I would need to purchase a spare one. BTW this was my first time using it as I got it yesterday and had ML running by the end of the day.
(I Went as far as to make sure I am running on the standard 6 cell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back