Contribute
Register

Hp Probook 4730s white, and black screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4730s
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
intel HD 3000/Radeon 6470M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Hp Probook 4730s and in the past I installed ML without problems, but this time is different. I just replace my ssd drive for the normal 500GB from when I get the laptop. So I run the installer of Mountain Lion, everything looks good so far, so Boot to ML run the probook isntaller, succeed! but when I restart the system the screen looks like this (see pics) turning from white to black and I try to enter with -x, (safe mode) but don't work. I know the laptop is working because I have windows & on my other partition. So what could be happening? I hope you can hep me. Thanks an advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 592
I have a Hp Probook 4730s and in the past I installed ML without problems, but this time is different. I just replace my ssd drive for the normal 500GB from when I get the laptop. So I run the installer of Mountain Lion, everything looks good so far, so Boot to ML run the probook isntaller, succeed! but when I restart the system the screen looks like this (see pics) turning from white to black and I try to enter with -x, (safe mode) but don't work. I know the laptop is working because I have windows & on my other partition. So what could be happening? I hope you can hep me. Thanks an advice.

What version did you install? What did you choose in the ProBook Installer? What version of ProBook Installer?

Did you forget to use the "Display type -> High-resolution screen" when you made your DSDT selections?

I use the Probook Installer 6.1 and I chosse this options, and ML 10.8.3 unibeast usb.
OSX support kext for 10.8.3
DSDT generator 4x30s
Fan behavior original fan
Display type: Hight resolution screen
Optional patches: atheros 9285 patch
ssdt generator
system definitions : i3/i5 sandy bridge
chameleon r2250
optional hardware: ahci patch, ahci 3rd party ket
misc os x fixes, color profiles, and screen brightness only
and the extra tools. That is what I choose.

So what can I did wrong this time, this is the first time this happend? Thanks for your support

I use the Probook Installer 6.1 and I chosse this options, and ML 10.8.3 unibeast usb.
OSX support kext for 10.8.3
DSDT generator 4x30s
Fan behavior original fan
Display type: Hight resolution screen
Optional patches: atheros 9285 patch
ssdt generator
system definitions : i3/i5 sandy bridge
chameleon r2250
optional hardware: ahci patch, ahci 3rd party ket
misc os x fixes, color profiles, and screen brightness only
and the extra tools. That is what I choose.

So what can I did wrong this time, this is the first time this happend? Thanks for your support

Double check your selections. See if you can boot with an external HDMI monitor connected. Then run the ProBook Installer again, for each option that you actually selected last time you ran it it will show 'update' when you check it.

Either that or retry (maybe your Unibeast USB is bad; maybe use 10.8.4 instead since it is the latest and a free download for you) being very careful with your selections.

I connected my Monitor thru HDMI and works, and I can see the grey background but the screen in the laptop looks the same and I don't know how to choose the external monitor as a first screen. I try to run the probook installer on safe mode but the screen go to the same state. I already try to make another usb with ML 10.8.4 but that one never work, I don't know why. I use the uneabeast from the downloads section and no luck, I try to make it work with -x but nothing. I will try to do another one and I let you know what happened. Thanks for all the support

I connected my Monitor thru HDMI and works, and I can see the grey background but the screen in the laptop looks the same and I don't know how to choose the external monitor as a first screen. I try to run the installer on safe mode but the screen go to the same state. but I will try it and I let you know what happened. Thanks for all the support

It sure sounds like you selected the wrong screen type. Double check that your laptop has a 1600x900 display too. I honestly do not know if all 4730s have a 1600x900 display, although it would seem rather ridiculous to have a 17" screen w/ 1366x768 resolution.

well finally I have my laptop working with ML 10.8.4, what I did was update the bios to the latest version and do a new install and now is working like always!! Thanks for all the support you are amazing people!!!!!!

well finally I have my laptop working with ML 10.8.4, what I did was update the bios to the latest version and do a new install and now is working like always!! Thanks for all the support you are amazing people!!!!!!

Hey great!

What BIOS version did you update from -> to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back