Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
please explain bro i dint get what u said :(

my basic question is is there any way to get work my AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2GB on my 4540s laptop?
You have 2 GPUs in your notebook, the OS should dynamically select the the GPU that is more adequate for the current task and switch between them accordingly... That is the part that we (as far is i am aware, i dont have a notebook with that kind of hardware so my digging in this topic was not deep) can not make function...

Disclaimer:
I did not follow the latest evolutions on the subject, so if my understanding isn't accurate anymore, you are welcome to correct me.

This been ongoing issue for 2 years now. I'm sure, when someone succeeds running Radeon card on any laptop, will hear about it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/32276-radeon-6470m-6490m-project.html

It is so much worth to use the power of the card nah? It is a waste to keep the graphic card passive like this. Why people donot try so much to enable it? Cant we do something like porting a linux driver? If someone can guide me a little (like what are the major issues that keeps us away from enabling it) I can research on the topic to find a solution.

Can anyone suggest small USB BT dongle that will work out of the box? Ebay link would be perfect :)

On page 60 there was 1 link, but that listing is over :(
I have one, but it is sooo big, but at least my magic mouse is working with it :)

Pete, this item is available for shipping only inside UK, and i live in Russia :(

2 ALL:
I have found 1 mini USB BT 4.0 that is recommended in Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2013:
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
(10.8 Mountain Lion
Only - Wakes from Sleep)

I have a probook 4540s (H6D78ES) with i5 3230M + HD 7650M

Following this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/87085-probook-4540s-ivy-bridge-howto-14.html
I was able to prepare a dual boot win7+Mountain Lion 10.8.3

For the moment i have to disable the switchable graphics in Bios (disable HD 7650M) to run ML.
Is there a solution to allow using it for Win7 without disturbing ML ?

Moreover, i'm looking for a detailled guide to understand how to patch my DSDT. I think it can help many newbies like me on this forum.

EDIT : Finally using original dsdt (kindly patched by BD) allows to enable "switchable graphics" in Bios.

I'm having issues with wired networking not wanting to pull an IP address with DHCP, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back