Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm on slice's branch and I've just modified ACPISensors Info.plist with FAN00000 and this patch is working great in reading my fan speed.

Great.

So now, I am not in need to any other tools like ACPIPoller or fanreset for just fan readings?
BTW, is there any temperatures I can read only and not modify?

You don't need ACPIPoller -- it is only key to controlling the fan. And sounds like the 4540s has much better stock fan behavior (Thanks HP. Nice to hear you listen to your customers...)

You can read the heat sink temp: See my patch (04_FanExperimental) for the TCPU method (it is read only, compared to 04_FanPatch, which does fan adjustments).

So this
Code:
into device label SMCD remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Device (SMCD)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, "FAN00000")  // _HID: Hardware ID\n
    Method (FAN0, 0, Serialized)\n
    {\n
        Store (\_TZ.GFRM (), Local0)\n
        If (LEqual (0x03C4, Local0))\n
        {\n
            Store (Zero, Local0)\n
            Return (Local0)\n
        }\n
        Return (Local0)\n
    }\n
    Method (TCPU, 0, Serialized)\n
    {\n
        Acquire (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.ECMX, 0xFFFF)\n
        Store (1, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.CRZN)\n
        Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DTMP, Local0)\n
        Release (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.ECMX)\n
        return (Local0)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

will result in reading the heatsink temorature and fan readings only without any modifications?

So this
Code:
into device label SMCD remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Device (SMCD)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, "FAN00000")  // _HID: Hardware ID\n
    Method (FAN0, 0, Serialized)\n
    {\n
        Store (\_TZ.GFRM (), Local0)\n
        If (LEqual (0x03C4, Local0))\n
        {\n
            Store (Zero, Local0)\n
            Return (Local0)\n
        }\n
        Return (Local0)\n
    }\n
    Method (TCPU, 0, Serialized)\n
    {\n
        Acquire (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.ECMX, 0xFFFF)\n
        Store (1, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.CRZN)\n
        Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.DTMP, Local0)\n
        Release (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.ECMX)\n
        return (Local0)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

will result in reading the heatsink temorature and fan readings only without any modifications?

Yup.

I often lose the connection with my optical drive. It only happens when booting normally (without -f).

I know there's a kext AHCI_3rdPartySATA.kect, but do I really need to use that kext on 4540s? Did I miss something in my DSDT?

I often lose the connection with my optical drive. It only happens when booting normally (without -f).

I know there's a kext AHCI_3rdPartySATA.kect, but do I really need to use that kext on 4540s? Did I miss something in my DSDT?

Same thing happens with me and also I didn't install the AHCI_3rdPartySATA.kext

I had a similar issue with my sound card, but fixed it by adding IRQNoFlags to Device(HPET). I'm wondering what does that "-f" flag do.

After a lot of testing on the DVD connection error, If we could inject the following two keys in the DSDT by any means they will solve the problem. Otherwise, AHCI_3rdParty or the upcoming 10.8.3 will fix the issue or even the MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.
02.png
Can these two keys be injected via DSDT?

After a lot of testing on the DVD connection error, If we could inject the following two keys in the DSDT by any means they will solve the problem. Otherwise, AHCI_3rdParty or the upcoming 10.8.3 will fix the issue or even the MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.
View attachment 46064
Can these two keys be injected via DSDT?

If the Update2.0 fixes it, why not just use it? I've been running that update on my 4x30s for months now.

For those interested i fixed my HD 3000 VGA output by replacing the AppleInstelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with the one found here: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3327 probably the HDMI is fixed too, the camera is somehow working in non Apple apps, so probably the only thing left is:

- Lan is not taking DHCP addresses after boot;
- Wake up from sleep;
- Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back