Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there is WakeDelay that you can play with to see if it matters (in trackpad's Info.plist).

Today I tried to play with the value of WakeDelay. Did not help. If I set it to 10000, the LED starts to switch in about ten seconds after wake, but no cursor movement after that :(. 0, 1000, 5000, 10000 - no difference.

This is what I see in dmesg output after wake:

sleep
Wake reason: power-button (User)
No interval found for . Using 8000000
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
[ PCI configuration begin ]
PCI configuration changed (bridge=5 device=3 cardbus=0)
[ PCI configuration end, bridges 4 devices 11 ]
An Unknown USB Device (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a100000), may have caused a wake by being connected
[AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed
[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification

These are my BIOS settings. HP 4540s.
I disabled WLAN, because OS X is the only operating system on my computer. AR9485 is not supported.

I'm not sure about bluetooth. I do not use that option.

Attachments

• 4540s.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 559
BTW... Did someone enable that DriveLock feature in the BIOS? I'm wondering if there is any conflict between the drive lock option and the Chameleon boot loader (or drive lock and CMOS reset). I'm traveling and I would like to secure my laptop.

whoops my fault, (had an whole story down here and it was not replyed to the user it should be) is there any good thing about the 4340s?

Do we have something like repository of working kexts and patches/dsdts ? It would be nice if someone keep them on one thread and regularly updating the first post... I was looking at this thread two months ago, now there are too many updates i cannot even understand what is wokring and what doesnt... I'm willing to keep it updated if someone of you can give me a little bit of info where we are in the moment...

I'm watching this set of posts like a hawk (as I'm sure are many others) and waiting for the time when all the main issues have been sorted. I have had a couple of attempts without success and the knowledge to get araound the problems is sadly beyond my knowledge. If, once you guys have sorted this can someone produce a complete howto for us novices?

Regards, Pete

+1

I use to have the 4530 until a few weeks ago when the Hard-drive went kaputt. I received a voucher check that I can use in their store but unfortunately they don't have any 4530s left.

Hopefully more experienced users will put their heads together and create an installer for the rest of us to use. Currently there seems to be no laptop like the 4530s that is easy to install. If you know of one, please tell me since I need to use the receipt in one month from now and choose a laptop.

Please someone post how to guide with what works & what not works!! I have created ML USB installer

after 22 pages we nobody can tell anyone what works, what does work?

I have 4740s and everything works there - the only problem is with trackpad which does not work after sleep/wake.

I have 4740s and everything works there - the only problem is with trackpad which does not work after sleep/wake.
Everything...?
What about wifi, speedstep (ivy or sandy), usb 3/2 combo, iffy SD card driver, native AppleHDA... if you made any progress we aren't aware please share?

I think this post may be on to some useful information for native power management for those with Ivy processors:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-may-incomplete-unsupported-2.html#post522785

Obviously, I don't have anything to try with (all my computers are Sandy Bridge), but maybe those with Ivy CPUs in their 4x40s can try this.

By the way, if you want to run IORegistryExplorer on ML, be sure not to use the latest from Apple downloads. The one they specifically supports ML crashes on startup. And I've tested it on a genuine MacBook Air -- same thing (Nice work, Cupertino). So go down a few pages and download the one for Lion -- it works on ML too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back