Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My probook arrived yesterday, it is exactly as described, sealed in HP box and complete with all accesories including a Windows/HP back up DVD and UK power lead. At £345 its an absolute bargain! Next step is a Linux install (Mint) and then my attempt to Hackintosh it :D

If you're considering this ebay purchase, go for it, its genuine!

Pete

ebay link ......... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-ProBoo...t=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item416e5945b9

I need your help guys.
I purchased a HP 4540s laptop (B6N94EA) with i5-2450m CPU (sandy bridge) and Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion, but I get this error:

dmesg.jpg

I fixed the problem by removing the /System/Library/Extension/IntelHD3000 kexts, but it isn't a real solution, because I never able to get QE/CI.

qeci.jpg

At least I know the problem is related to the GPU. I do not have other GPU in the computer (no nVidia or ATI cards). I set the BIOS to default settings.

Is there a way to solve that error message? Maybe insert something into the DSDT? I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you!

I generated a DSDT for my laptop and BIOS if it helps you. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1924024/dsdt.aml

Hello sidechained,
I've attached DSL and AML.
Please try attached AML (rename it to dsdt.aml and put into \Extra). I've fixed all errors and apply all patches, excluded experimental from RehabMan. All credits to RehabMan.
Don't forget to use Fanreset library provided by RehabMan.
As for post install - please use Probook installer and appropriate options for your HW. Don't select option if you don't know what is it.

Best regards

Hi Elrom, I think I have the same DSDT as yours. I compared them with Ultracompare. The only difference between the two file:

left (your dsdt), right (my dsdt)

dsdt.png

I'm getting four warnings:

4149: Warning: Result is not used, possible operator timeout will be missed.
4480: Warning: Result is not used, possible operator timeout will be missed.
8573: Warning: Reserved method should not return a value (_DIS)
8866: Warning: Reserved method should not return a value (_DIS)

Should I modify my dsdt like your? or do you think the differences at lines 4149, 4480, 8573, 8866 are BIOS specific?

I'm using BIOS 68IRR Ver F. 01 (BIOS Date: 04/19/2012). What version is yours?
Thank you!

I just updated BIOS up to F31 version.And I can boot into ML. I think i using dsdt for old version. Someone can help me? Thanks

I get a lot of DSDT remarks with my original (unmodified) DSDT. I just applied the _T_X rename patch.

Should I ignore these remarks?

Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 11.37.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-12-09 at 11.37.46 PM.png

Hi Elrom, I think I have the same DSDT as yours. I compared them with Ultracompare. The only difference between the two file:

left (your dsdt), right (my dsdt)

View attachment 40358

I'm getting four warnings:

4149: Warning: Result is not used, possible operator timeout will be missed.
4480: Warning: Result is not used, possible operator timeout will be missed.
8573: Warning: Reserved method should not return a value (_DIS)
8866: Warning: Reserved method should not return a value (_DIS)

Should I modify my dsdt like your? or do you think the differences at lines 4149, 4480, 8573, 8866 are BIOS specific?

I'm using BIOS 68IRR Ver F. 01 (BIOS Date: 04/19/2012). What version is yours?
Thank you!

Hello, yes you can modify like in my part, but it really not make any sense or adjustment in general, only avoiding warning messages, not more. By the way, i just upgraded to 31 version of bios and can boot ML without errors. Maybe a little bit longer, but i think it's not about updated bios, it's because of 10.8.2 update. I plan to reapply all patches with new dsdt from new 31 bios later and make all things from scratch to bypass existed delay that i have now, while booting ML.

Hi guys!
Now I'm choosing between 4730s and 4740s.

I have spent two evenings trying to install 10.8.2 on 4740s C4Z69EA (Ivy Bridge version). My results were not too good. Mac OS installs easily, but after that... WIFI is not working, of course. Only one USB port (USB 2) is enabled OOB, but after I insert a USB stick into it, the system hangs. I could fix this hangs using some DSDT patches for 4530s, more efforts needed to enable other ports. Intel HiDef audio codec can only be enabled via VooDoo, but it crashes the system at boot very often. Ethernet works fine with a Realtek driver. HD4000 kext is not loaded OOB. I was able to load its kexts via DSDT patches (device id from ..0 to ..11) but could not get it working correctly. I either got a blank screen or distorted video output covered by blinking green and red vertical stripes. Probably patching of connectors table could help, but I have not tried. Currently my results disappoint me. And help of some guru would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back