Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. I'm getting the "still waiting for root device" error. You were right. I need to patch AHCI again. I think I did it wrong last time.

You can apply AHCI patch via v6 Probook Installer. It is best that you have vanilla IOAHCIBlockStorage in place before using it.

Can anyone with a 4540s (HD3000) confirm that the USB is working at any speed, cos i can only connect keyboard or mouse, for any other device it does not work... including iphone, dslr camera, and for USB Flash Drive it shows kernel panic but if you boot with the Flash Drive inserted it works...

Can anyone with a 4540s (HD3000) confirm that the USB is working at any speed, cos i can only connect keyboard or mouse, for any other device it does not work... including iphone, dslr camera, and for USB Flash Drive it shows kernel panic but if you boot with the Flash Drive inserted it works...

4740s Ivy - all ports work fine with flash drive, wireless mouse (Logitech), Wi-Fi dongle, iPad syncronisation and debugging iOS applications on device in XCode.

I have the same hardware.
You need to install the DP3 kexts. http://www.osx86.net/view/2870-pxhcd.kext.html

I have the same hardware.
You need to install the DP3 kexts. http://www.osx86.net/view/2870-pxhcd.kext.html

Do you use any DSDT, SSDT?? And if so can you send me some so I can test them? I have Just plain installation with the kexts that worked a month ago, I have issues on the usb, SD Card, camera, sleep, reset, VGA output not working... is any of this fixed?

UPDATE: The usb got fixed with the kext's you told me, thanks about that.

Hello guys,

Someone could help me to install, Moutain Lion on my HP probook 4540s ?

I've tried to boot with usb drive (16 go - Mac OS journalized - With MBR) with unibeast 1.5.3 but after press Echap and F9. USB drive doesn't appear ????

:banghead:

Thanks

Hello guys,

Someone could help me to install, Moutain Lion on my HP probook 4540s ?

I've tried to boot with usb drive (16 go - Mac OS journalized - With MBR) with unibeast 1.5.3 but after press Echap and F9. USB drive doesn't appear ????

:banghead:

Thanks

Use a smaller USB stick (8GB).... Or... Some people have had luck making larger USB sticks have only an 8GB partition.
Then make sure you put it in a USB2 port.

Do you use any DSDT, SSDT?? And if so can you send me some so I can test them? I have Just plain installation with the kexts that worked a month ago, I have issues on the usb, SD Card, camera, sleep, reset, VGA output not working... is any of this fixed?

UPDATE: The usb got fixed with the kext's you told me, thanks about that.
What is your BIOS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back