Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the Chimera lastest version and trackpad is only work with single touch, scroll with two fingers do not work

I used the Chimera lastest version and trackpad is only work with single touch, scroll with two fingers do not work

Use appleacpips2nub and appleps2controller from unibeast, boot with -f flag.

As for me 4340s things that work are:
1) CPU Speed Stepping - for core i5 2450m second generation
2) SATA controller
3) USB 2.0
4) Graphics - i have intel HD3000 with 2nd generation core CPU.
5) Ethernet - with Mac2Lnx driver for Realtek. But i don't
6) DVD-RW - reads natively, but don't verify write.
7) card reader with 3-d party drviers provided from installer
8) HDMI video + sound

Partially worked:
1) web-camera - worked in skype, but not with native osx apk's. Tested Photobooth, Facetime - not worked.
2) USB 3.0 - can't see USB HDD/Flash, but worked with USB receiver for wireless mouse. Don't work with USB wifi adaptor.
3) Bluetooth - straight after fresh installation 10.8 it was, but after 10.8.1 can't see any devices.
4) Ethernet - with Mac2Lnx driver for Realtek. Don't know
5) AppleHDA - generally worked, but volume is not so high, external mic is not working. Position is not
6) Brightness control - with DSDT fixes, worked fully only after sleep and get up. Generally is works.
7) Wireless button worked for bluetooth but after 20-30 sec you can see bluetooth device disappeared from osx. After push again and wait for 20-30 sec it appears.

Don't work
Wifi module AR9485 - AR5B225 (combo Bluetooth 4.0 + Wifi-n upto 150Mbit/sec) - need to be replaced

My camera work with facetime natively. I heard that using camtwist can make it work with photobooth.

My camera work with facetime natively. I heard that using camtwist can make it work with photobooth.

I know about Camtwist and use it to get this two (Photobooth and Facetime) work, but it needs manually start Camtwist and select some options inside this program.

Would anybody care to make sure that all these plists, configs etc. find their way into the HP Probook installer? That would be great! Thank you!

my installation works fine with trackpad/kb working, but after booting my trackpad/kb is not working, what to do now? using ext kb/mouse for instance...plz help!!!

got my kb/tp working by installing kext, but now tap to click doesn't work. it works till login screen. any solution plz???

Update:
got it with checking 32bit for system preferences!!

I know about Camtwist and use it to get this two (Photobooth and Facetime) work, but it needs manually start Camtwist and select some options inside this program.

detail step by step guide will be nice for us who are suffering like me don't forget to put all the link including the version number

After digging through this whole thread, I am now confused.

How are the following components working with the 4540s till now?
-VGA
-Keyboard
-Touchpad
-Multigesture support
-Battery
-Sleep
-USB
-DVD-RW
-Screen brightness
-Sound

Specs: Core i5 2430M with HD3000

After digging through this whole thread, I am now confused.

How are the following components working with the 4540s till now?
-VGA
-Keyboard
-Touchpad
-Multigesture support
-Battery
-Sleep
-USB
-DVD-RW
-Screen brightness
-Sound

Specs: Core i5 2430M with HD3000

Works:
- VGA (HD3000 & HD4000). You need to check this article http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html because you are using a sandy bridge CPU with HD3000 on an Ivy Bridge board.
- Keyboard
- Touchpad - 2 fingers.
- Battery
- Sleep
- USB - partial, 3.0 as 2.0
- Not tested writing..., I rarely do this.
- Brightness : Bug, have to put screen to sleep first.
- Sound - not tested external input, small volume compared to windows, enjoyable.

You can use my package some previous pages. Note:
- DSDT I edited with HD4000 graphics, you need to edit for HD3000 (Device (IGPU))
- My package is for 10.8.1, you need to upgrade applehda to 10.8.2, or I will upload tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back