Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 FE
Mac
  1. iMac
I've installed macOS Sierra on my 4540s following the guide for El Capitan and darkvoid patch for bcm4352 now all work well both audio and wifi.
The only issue is that when the darkvoid patch for wifi is loaded the overall system is a little bit slow. I attach the config.plist if I was wrong to apply the patch.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.6 KB · Views: 556
I've installed macOS Sierra on my 4540s following the guide for El Capitan and darkvoid patch for bcm4352 now all work well both audio and wifi.
The only issue is that when the darkvoid patch for wifi is loaded the overall system is a little bit slow. I attach the config.plist if I was wrong to apply the patch.

Define that the system is a bit slower. How is it slower? Is the wifi slower? Is everything else sluggish?
I've been using his patch for about 3 weeks, and it works fine. Mind you I am on an SSD

Also I'm on ssd, the overall system is slow, the wifi work perfect, if I remove the patch everything return flawless.

Last edited:
Also I'm on ssd, the overall system is slow, the wifi work perfect, if I remove the patch everything return flawless.

Check console and see if any weird errors are being thrown.
And how are you doing the patch? Through clover hotpatch?

Its a common thing. Ive seem a few people on here that has the same problem.

Ok thanks for the info for now will use El Capitan, Sierra I've installed on the caddy for tests.

I've installed in UEFI mode Sierra in second hard-disk caddy, in the first hard-disk there is El capitan in multiboot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu, when I start Sierra i got this error:
Code:
"Read error 0x7 error loading kernel cache"
If I remove the first hard-disk Sierra start correctly or I connect the hard-drive with external usb cable all work flawless.
I also tested with another caddy but same result.
It's possible that there is a problem with the dvd drive sata connector or caddy can not work in multiboot.

I've installed in UEFI mode Sierra in second hard-disk caddy, in the first hard-disk there is El capitan in multiboot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu, when I start Sierra i got this error:
Code:
"Read error 0x7 error loading kernel cache"
If I remove the first hard-disk Sierra start correctly or I connect the hard-drive with external usb cable all work flawless.
I also tested with another caddy but same result.
It's possible that there is a problem with the dvd drive sata connector or caddy can not work in multiboot.

Make sure you're booting from the same EFI/Clover in each case.

No, I've done two installations with clover bootloader, maybe this is the issue, can I delete the efi parttion on sierra or I do a fresh install.

No, I've done two installations with clover bootloader, maybe this is the issue, can I delete the efi parttion on sierra or I do a fresh install.

EFI is just folders of files. You can easily compare one to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back