1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

This is not my laptop, so this needs to work perfectly before I install it on the stock hard drive. The owner would like to dual boot Windows 7 Pro (OEM license that came with the laptop) and OS X Mavericks latest version. However, the owner is worried about losing the recovery partition once the drive is formatted. How would I be able to have the OS X install, the Windows 7 install, and the HP Recovery partition? He is open to the recovery partition being on external media. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Enable Intel Virtualization Technology in the BIOS...

Hi all,

This is not my laptop, so this needs to work perfectly before I install it on the stock hard drive. The owner would like to dual boot Windows 7 Pro (OEM license that came with the laptop) and OS X Mavericks latest version. However, the owner is worried about losing the recovery partition once the drive is formatted. How would I be able to have the OS X install, the Windows 7 install, and the HP Recovery partition? He is open to the recovery partition being on external media. Thanks in advance for the replies.

My advice: Order recovery media from HP. Forget about making the Recovery partition work in an OS X/Windows dual-boot environment.

My advice: Order recovery media from HP. Forget about making the Recovery partition work in an OS X/Windows dual-boot environment.

Just spent 40 minutes on phone with HP, said that it has to format your hard drive completely, which, of course, is bad. I have a legal copy of Windows 7 Enterprise that I can load on to it, and I will just download the drivers off of HP's website (their driver support is great! And they also have Windows 7 Enterprise support on all the drivers, the only one that didn't work was the newest version of the webcam driver, so I used an old one). This way, recovery is not necessary, and the laptop will function just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back