Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4540s Camera Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus K53E-BBR-17 Clover 3424 10.10.5 UEFI, Windows 10 UEFI (main HD) 10.11.4 (external partition)
CPU
Sandy Bridge Intel Core i5-2450M CPU HM65 Chipset
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics 1366x768 resolution, 8GB ram
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, in the last week I purchased an HP ProBook 4540s from eBay (i5-3230, HD 4000, 8GB ram) but unfortunately, it came with the Sunplus Innovative Technology camera with no serial number. I can use Photo Booth and Skype (provided I open Photo Booth first) but FaceTime is a no-go. If I open FaceTime by itself, it opens with a black screen. If I open Photo Booth first, then open FaceTime, there will be a picture, but it instantly freezes. I have the Camera Control app, and have tried different settings but still no luck with FaceTime. I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the camera that is in there now and replace it with a camera that is confirmed working (Chicony manufactured)? I am also going to do the 1080p HD screen replacement. Should I order a 1080p screen with a webcam? I'm not a hardware guy and am not sure if any of these options will work. Thanks for any help

Hello everybody, in the last week I purchased an HP ProBook 4540s from eBay (i5-3230, HD 4000, 8GB ram) but unfortunately, it came with the Sunplus Innovative Technology camera with no serial number. I can use Photo Booth and Skype (provided I open Photo Booth first) but FaceTime is a no-go. If I open FaceTime by itself, it opens with a black screen. If I open Photo Booth first, then open FaceTime, there will be a picture, but it instantly freezes. I have the Camera Control app, and have tried different settings but still no luck with FaceTime. I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the camera that is in there now and replace it with a camera that is confirmed working (Chicony manufactured)? I am also going to do the 1080p HD screen replacement. Should I order a 1080p screen with a webcam? I'm not a hardware guy and am not sure if any of these options will work. Thanks for any help

It's a common problem. You can try buying a camera off eBay but possibly won't sort it. For the 1080p screen go with a Auo V4. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/88212-4540s-lcd-screen-1080p-replacement-29.html

Yes I know you've already told me that elsewhere. But do I buy one with the camera option? Or buy one without a camera and install a Chicory made camera that is confirmed working i.g. the one in RehabMans Laptop#1?

Yes I know you've already told me that elsewhere. But do I buy one with the camera option? Or buy one without a camera and install a Chicory made camera that is confirmed working i.g. the one in RehabMans Laptop#1?

If you can find a different camera on ebay... install it and try... It is all you can do.

If you can find a different camera on ebay... install it and try... It is all you can do.

Does your 4530s have the same camera as your 4540s? I'm thinking that the newer Probooks which are Windows 8 not Windows 7 have different cameras.

Does your 4530s have the same camera as your 4540s? I'm thinking that the newer Probooks which are Windows 8 not Windows 7 have different cameras.

My 4530s is not handy at the moment, but my 4540s has the Chicony 04f2:b370 camera. My 4540s came with Win7.

My 4530s is not handy at the moment, but my 4540s has the Chicony 04f2:b370 camera. My 4540s came with Win7.

Ill have a look on my 4530s when it comes and see which camera that has.

Thank you RehabMan! I'm watching one computer on eBay that has been confirmed to me that came with Windows 7 installed. I will also keep an eye out for camera modules. I will update this post as required.

Thanks for the info Jack! Much appreciated

Forgot to say. Ive checked the Webcam on both of mine 4530s and they're both seem to be the same. Works fine with FaceTime also Skype havent tried anything else tho. Maybe if you've bought a webcam from a 4530s it'll be the same.

HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:

Product ID: 0xb230
Vendor ID: 0x04f2 (Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.)
Version: 99.89
Serial Number: SN0001
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd.
Location ID: 0x1d140000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 1000
Current Required (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0
Built-In: Yes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 22.35.16.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 22.35.16.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back