Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Vision Z490
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Hi there,

first I want to thank everybody for the great work they put into making it possible to install Mac OS X on HP ProBooks. I recently purchased a 4540s (Core i3 Ivy Bridge) Unit and installed 10.8.5 on it with the tutorials from RehabMan. Everytings works as described, except that my System randomly freezes and I've to hard reboot with pushing the Power-Button. I really dont know what could be the reason for that. Is there a way to look further into the cause of the failure, e.g. some log files I could provovide. Please advise me.

Regards

Hi there,

first I want to thank everybody for the great work they put into making it possible to install Mac OS X on HP ProBooks. I recently purchased a 4540s (Core i3 Ivy Bridge) Unit and installed 10.8.5 on it with the tutorials from RehabMan. Everytings works as described, except that my System randomly freezes and I've to hard reboot with pushing the Power-Button. I really dont know what could be the reason for that. Is there a way to look further into the cause of the failure, e.g. some log files I could provovide. Please advise me.

Regards

I would take the following steps:
- repair permissions in Disk Utility, then shutdown
- do EC reset
- boot "-f" (ignore caches)
- rebuild cache in Kext Wizard
- reboot

Also, if you have updated BIOS since you installed, make sure you re-patch your DSDT (see guide).

Also, check your RAM by running memtest86+ overnight.

I will run the memory test tonight. I did everything else but the systems still freezes. Are there any additional informations I can provide. I also installed Ubuntu and Windows 8.1 on the ProBook, both are running without any freezes, so I think it's related to Mac OS X.

I will run the memory test tonight. I did everything else but the systems still freezes. Are there any additional informations I can provide. I also installed Ubuntu and Windows 8.1 on the ProBook, both are running without any freezes, so I think it's related to Mac OS X.

Which version of OS X did you install? You're posting in the Lion forum but you state 10.8.5, which is ML. If you installed ML, make sure you followed the ML guide.

ML ProBook forum is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/

Yes, I followed the instruction for ML. I installed ML 10.8.5 and open the thread in this forum because there was no ML category. ML is closer to Lion, so I thought this would be the appropriate forum. Can you move the thread to the other forum? I'm sorry.

Yes, I followed the instruction for ML. I installed ML 10.8.5 and open the thread in this forum because there was no ML category. ML is closer to Lion, so I thought this would be the appropriate forum. Can you move the thread to the other forum? I'm sorry.

What makes you think the system has completely frozen? Is the clock still updating or did it stop?

How did you follow the instructions for ML if you could not find the ML forum?

Make sure you followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

What makes you think the system has completely frozen? Is the clock still updating or did it stop?

Because the system isnt responding to any input whatsoever and the clock and everything else just stays the same. I waited for about an hour two times and nothing happened.

How did you follow the instructions for ML if you could not find the ML forum?

I came there via Google.

Yes, I did followed that Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back