Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s: i3 processor detected as 800MHz only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X Mountain Lion
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
I had this issue since the first installation of Mountain Lion, when I was in Lion it was detected as usual. but here... the image does explain everything I guess.

Anyone aware of this issue or what can be causing this? Please share your thoughts!

NOTE: used the Installer 5b8r2, and the one that I have made (if you remember). and both comes with same result.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 11.15.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 11.15.57 PM.png
    71 KB · Views: 194
I had this issue since the first installation of Mountain Lion, when I was in Lion it was detected as usual. but here... the image does explain everything I guess.

Anyone aware of this issue or what can be causing this? Please share your thoughts!

NOTE: used the Installer 5b8r2, and the one that I have made (if you remember). and both comes with same result.

Is that with a clean install (ie. erase the partition, and clean install, then run Probook Installer)??
And... no other Mac OS partitions on the hard disk? It can get confusing because of how Chimera boot loader just picks up the first /Extra in a HFS+ partition it finds (for some stuff...)
And... you're using the proper SSDT for your CPU?

If so, give us some more details on your system and how you installed. Things like:
- specific model# of ProBook + hardware stats
- contents of /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist
- specific options used in the HP ProBook installer...
- BIOS version
- etc...

There has been some other people having this exact problem... it would be nice to figure out what is causing it...

I have the i3-2310m and it is working fine here... (both Lion & ML)

Is that with a clean install (ie. erase the partition, and clean install, then run Probook Installer)??
And... no other Mac OS partitions on the hard disk? It can get confusing because of how Chimera boot loader just picks up the first /Extra in a HFS+ partition it finds (for some stuff...)
And... you're using the proper SSDT for your CPU?

If so, give us some more details on your system and how you installed. Things like:
- specific model# of ProBook + hardware stats
- contents of /Extra/org.Chameleon.boot.plist
- specific options used in the HP ProBook installer...
- BIOS version
- etc...

There has been some other people having this exact problem... it would be nice to figure out what is causing it...

I have the i3-2310m and it is working fine here... (both Lion & ML)

Yeah, ofcourse its a clean install. I have the ProBook 4530s i3-2350m. hardware: i3, 4GB RAM. and the boot.plist is the exact one that the install does install, options used in the installer is the options available in its thread for installing Mountain Lion. Bios version is f20... We have to sort out this issue!

Yeah, ofcourse its a clean install. I have the ProBook 4530s i3-2350m. hardware: i3, 4GB RAM. and the boot.plist is the exact one that the install does install, options used in the installer is the options available in its thread for installing Mountain Lion. Bios version is f20... We have to sort out this issue!

What model (actual model number usually ends in #ABA) is your ProBook? Might help us sort it.

Just for grins, try the SSDT attached. Backup your existing /Extra/ssdt.aml, then copy this one to /Extra/ssdt.aml. It probably won't make a difference, but worth a try. This SSDT is a bit of a cleanup on the SSDTs in the installer. We haven't run into issues yet with the ones we are using, but in my opinion they are not quite right...

Attachments

• ssdt_i3_2350m.aml.zip
    531 bytes · Views: 97
I've managed to sort out the issue, will talk about how I fixed it soon if you I get enough time later tonight.

I've managed to sort out the issue, will talk about how I fixed it soon if you I get enough time later tonight.

That's good... very curious to find out where Mac OS is getting the 800Mhz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back