Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4530s (Bluetooth & Dimming) problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H67-B3-USB3
CPU
Core i5 2500K
Graphics
XFX 6850 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

Just bought and installed ML 108.0 to my new shiny Probook 4530s. Just really small problems.

- Is there anyway to get bluetooth disabled from Mountain Lion cause it's always on?
- When im on battery the screen won't auto dim. Is it possible to correct that also? I have checked the power setting and selected auto dim from there.

Thank you! :)

Any help? :/

Hi!

Just bought and installed ML 108.0 to my new shiny Probook 4530s. Just really small problems.

- Is there anyway to get bluetooth disabled from Mountain Lion cause it's always on?
- When im on battery the screen won't auto dim. Is it possible to correct that also? I have checked the power setting and selected auto dim from there.

I waited a bit to see if anyone more qualified would help out but I'll see if I can shed some light for you, as far as I know there is no way to disable the bluetooth, as for the screen brightness I think there's a fix for that included in the most recent probook installer

Hi!

Try to disable Bluetooth in your BIOS settings

is it possible to disable it in BIOS in HP Probook?

is it possible to disable it in BIOS in HP Probook?

Yes. There is an option to turn off bluetooth in BIOS. But it seems to have no effect on whether bluetooth is available or not. I'd suspect this is because we are using a patched DSDT. Perhaps there is a DSDT edit that might get rid of the bluetooth device whilst keeping the wifi device? One way to find out might be to dump the DSDT under Linux (or Windows) with both the bluetooth BIOS option enabled, then disabled... and see what the difference(s) are. From that information, you may be able to come up with a DSDT edit that would effectively disable the bluetooth device. Maybe...

But why?

Yes. There is an option to turn off bluetooth in BIOS. But it seems to have no effect on whether bluetooth is available or not. I'd suspect this is because we are using a patched DSDT. Perhaps there is a DSDT edit that might get rid of the bluetooth device whilst keeping the wifi device? One way to find out might be to dump the DSDT under Linux (or Windows) with both the bluetooth BIOS option enabled, then disabled... and see what the difference(s) are. From that information, you may be able to come up with a DSDT edit that would effectively disable the bluetooth device. Maybe...

But why?

Well, just for grins, I tried to diff DSDT bluetooth/no-bluetooth. No dice. The DSDT dumps are the same with and without the option enabled in BIOS. So, it is not a DSDT thing.

I wonder if you could just remove /S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext ?? Be prepared to put it back should that not work...

But why?

I just want to use my Belkin Bluetooth Dongle, but now with 10.8.1 I can't do it (I think) and I have to use BT from Probook to connect with Magic Trackpad. With Belkin it went very smooth in 10.8 but now with 10.8.1 is mouse much better Magic Trackpad, it is unusable :(

I just want to use my Belkin Bluetooth Dongle, but now with 10.8.1 I can't do it (I think) and I have to use BT from Probook to connect with Magic Trackpad. With Belkin it went very smooth in 10.8 but now with 10.8.1 is mouse much better Magic Trackpad, it is unusable :(

I see you want to use a different BT radio. If you haven't tried using the BIOS option to disable it, you should at least try it. Maybe it does something to help...

I see you want to use a different BT radio. If you haven't tried using the BIOS option to disable it, you should at least try it. Maybe it does something to help...

I just found that option in BIOS but nothing happend in Mac :( In 10.8 I was able to turn it off, I think I have to instal OS X from scratch and just 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back