Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4530 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used the 9285 dsdt fix to see if it works? I never have. I'll attach the auto patcher for people to test, but it would require the original IO80211Family, or a fresh install.

Also, these are changes ZAFFE made:

1. Change RMV meted to Zero for Express Card/Card Reader
3. Add PRW method to AC adapter for native AC works
4. AC to ADP1
5. Fixed 3 warnings
7. Change WNIC to APRT
8. Change GFX0 to IGPU

Do any of those accomplish anything? I don't know what 1 does. And will 3 actually let us stop using any of our kexts? And the warnings don't matter. And does the renaming accomplish anything?

EDit: I believe that number 3 actually lets you remove the AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext. If anyone wants too, its inside of Extra.kext, and then repair permissions and redo cache. But use the edit first :p

I'll attach the DSDT auto patcher now, its the same as the other, but adds the fix for battery, and wifi, although I haven't verified whether or not that works.

To make one with these changes, simply delete your DSDT, reboot, and use this patcher.

Does "Change RMV method to Zero for Express Card/Card Reader" do anything helpful?

And renaming devices? Does that make any difference?

And can people please try the dsdt patcher in the previous post with a fresh install or and see if it works, not installing IO80211, appleacpiplatform, or appleacpibatterymanager?

And then if battery does not, try using applacpiplatform, but nothing else.

Then report?

I'm not testing yet but I can say that ZAFFE uses the next kexts:
AppleIntelCPUPM, AppleACPIBatteryManager, AppleACPIPlatform, FakeSMC, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.
He wrote that this kexts needed for battery and he uses them.

EugeneY said:
I'm not testing yet but I can say that ZAFFE uses the next kexts:
AppleIntelCPUPM, AppleACPIBatteryManager, AppleACPIPlatform, FakeSMC, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.
He wrote that this kexts needed for battery and he uses them.

We need all of those. The DSDT battery fix doesn't do anything for us unless maybe we don't need to use the SL appleacpiplatform.

Would enabling USB 3.0 or the Card reader be possible via DSDT? And what is the card reader called in the DSDT?

blueking said:
Has anyone used the 9285 dsdt fix to see if it works? I never have. I'll attach the auto patcher for people to test, but it would require the original IO80211Family, or a fresh install.

I did the dsdt edits and it shows up as 'airport_athrfusion21' in IOreg explorer. WiFi works, don't know what else it does as i haven't done any testing.

with the atheros21 kext loaded does airdrop work? my understanding was that 10.7 added an atheros40 kext, and that's where the defs for the airdrop-capable chips.

If not, the patched kext works. So we can revert to that if we need to. But I would imagine this will.

blueking said:
If not, the patched kext works. So we can revert to that if we need to. But I would imagine this will.

Has anyone updated to BIOS version F.20- released on 10.11.2011? Maybe contains some tweaks and fixes. My shipped bios version was F.9. I'm going to get it and extract the DSDT. :thumbup:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... 135&mode=3

Warning:

Version: F.20 (11 Oct 2011)
Enhancements

- Provides improved security for the BIOS flashing process. NOTE: After this BIOS update has been installed,
previous BIOS versions cannot be installed

I wonder if they relased this version to prevent people from removing whitelist of approved wifi/bluetooth cards ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back