Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4520s

Status
Not open for further replies.
i currently dont have windows but i know mines 4520s, i5 2.3, 6GB ram, amd radoen 5000 (according to when i installed windows it installed amd control center), 1366x768,

ive got to the installer and got this kernal panic.. i could get a picture of this one..

Read post #6.

i currently dont have windows but i know mines 4520s, i5 2.3, 6GB ram, amd radoen 5000 (according to when i installed windows it installed amd control center), 1366x768,

ive got to the installer and got this kernal panic.. i could get a picture of this one..

If this is what you mean its attached..

You did not follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, from where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

whatever way i did it, it worked successfully until the ram ugrade, im using my iMac 3.2 i5, 8GB Ram, El Cap is from app store ive also got sierra but want this running right before i jump up a OSX

You should follow the guide linked by post #14.
Also, you might look for a laptop specific guide (I seem to recall there being one for Yosemite...).

You should follow the guide linked by post #14.
Also, you might look for a laptop specific guide (I seem to recall there being one for Yosemite...).

Hi Rehabman, i have created my installer fresh following your clover legancy guide.. i am still facing the same problem with the reboot, surely this is a ram issue, and if so then why when OSX was installed working fine prior.

My first installer was based on the Yosemite tutorial to a point of installation, i wasnt bothered about wifi, battery management etc so skipped then parts and got it installed fine. Why would a ram update cause this? even to reboot before getting to the installer

Thanks
Ash

Hi Rehabman, i have created my installer fresh following your clover legancy guide.. i am still facing the same problem with the reboot, surely this is a ram issue, and if so then why when OSX was installed working fine prior.

You will need to provide details on "problem with reboot".

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

i cant show the verbose because it gets passed verbose and then boots the loader.. folder attached

thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 66
i cant show the verbose because it gets passed verbose and then boots the loader.. folder attached

thanks

Problems:
- Clover/kexts is not per guide
- drivers64UEFI is not per guide (not sure if you're booting UEFI though)
- I don't know why you're using a config.plist for HD4000, but it probably doesn't matter, you have to delete then patch the graphics kexts anyway
- you likely need the alternate DropTables setup (may depend on CPU, which you have not specified in your profile)

I get a feeling you're not reading the guide carefully.

Are you booting UEFI or legacy?
Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide/FAQ. Please fix.

Reminder of what the request is...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back