Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4520s - El Capitan compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 1411 / HM57
CPU
Intel Core i5 480M (Arrandale)
Graphics
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series / 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have seen some HP ProBook guides/videos on older versions of OS X but I was wondering if my laptop which is an HP ProBook 4520s is compatible with El Capitan?

I have included the screenshots of the CPU-Z which has provided enough information, and I have filled out my profile fields as suggested in the FAQ.

cpu.pngmb.pnggfx.png

As the FAQ/Guide said that if the laptop has a discrete graphics card, then it's better to disable that and use the onboard gfx, but I'm currently running Windows 10 on it, and it seems that there is no Intel GMA on the laptop and that it's only the AMD Mobility Radeon gfx card that is in the laptop.

I look forward to hearing back about this, as I would like to use OS X on this laptop.

I've done some research on this today. It seems that AMD did rebrand the series. What it originally was called Mobility Radeon 4350, and after the rebranding it's known as HD 530V.

Source: HP Notebook PCs - ATI Mobility Radeon 4350 Is Now ATI Mobility Radeon HD 530v

So a quick search of this forum led me to many posts such as How to enable/install ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB on Mountain Lion 10.8, Need Help with XFX ATi Radeon HD 4350 1GB & Cannot Install on Studio XPS 435MT.

As it is a pretty old graphics card/architecture, I assume that it would work okay with el Capitan or earlier via the Clover method?

As it is a pretty old graphics card/architecture, I assume that it would work okay with el Capitan or earlier via the Clover method?

No idea. I don't have any Radeon hardware.

ATI Radeon HD 5000 will work in OS X. You'll need to use a FakeID but I'm not certain that the FakeID i use for the ATI Radeon HD 5000 series will work for you. But you can try it. Add this under ATI FakeID 68E01002. Don't inject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back