Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I have just upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

and everything is working as expected, but there are two little issues remaining:

* bluetooth part of my BCM94352HMB not working
* intermittent reboots after wake from sleep

Some useful facts:

Maybe somebody halse is having the same issues and could point me into the right directions. Thank you for your help!

Romanus

Hi guys,

I have just upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan following this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

and everything is working as expected, but there are two little issues remaining:

* bluetooth part of my BCM94352HMB not working
* intermittent reboots after wake from sleep

Some useful facts:
  • PBI CE 6.4.4
  • pmset shows hibernatemode=0, powernap=0, sleep=0 and standby=1
  • bios settings remained unchanged from Yosemite to El Capitan
  • my copy of ioreg: View attachment 154209
  • my copy of CLOVER dir (without the themes sub dir): View attachment 154210

Maybe somebody halse is having the same issues and could point me into the right directions. Thank you for your help!

Romanus

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Bluetooth: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Also, your DSDT does not look to be correctly patched...

But make sure that the BT device is showing on the USB bus. USB problems are common and you probably need to make port injector. Looking at ioreg, I don't see it there.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

You mean USB 2.0 EHC1 and EHC2?

Correct. Should always be renamed EH01/EH02 unless you know for sure that there are no built-in port injectors or that you're certain they match the USB topology of the target machine.

@ romanusgermanicus: Go to /S/L/E and check if you have BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo

Won't help. The device is not on the USB bus.

A bluetooth firmware uploader kext can not upload firmware to a device that doesn't exist.

Problem solved, the injector did the trick! Thank you very much!

One question remains how to best incorporate this into the PBI, because the injector configuration seems to be not only model specific but also very much dependent on the individual bios settings. One way I could think of is to provide one default injector setting per model with the appropriate note what bios settings this injector expects.
I guess that many less experienced users will not be able to create their own injector kext, so it would be nice to help them out with the PBI.

Cheers
Romanus

One question remains how to best incorporate this into the PBI, because the injector configuration seems to be not only model specific but also very much dependent on the individual bios settings. One way I could think of is to provide one default injector setting per model with the appropriate note what bios settings this injector expects.
I guess that many less experienced users will not be able to create their own injector kext, so it would be nice to help them out with the PBI.

Cheers
Romanus

Only through testing with other similar laptops can we determine the applicability of an injector made for your computer when used on another.

Cheers
Romanus

can you send me your injector? I don't have your computer and not all laptops use the same configuration.

I am happy to help, here is my injector:

View attachment USBXHCI-HP_PB450G2.kext.zip

But, and here is where I still need some help, although all ports work, USB 3.0 speed does not!

I have modelled my injector configuration after the output of the command lsusb of my Linux system, which sits on the same computer. This revealed the following:

/: Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/2p, 480M
|__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/8p, 480M
/: Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 5000M
/: Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/9p, 480M
|__ Port 2: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
|__ Port 4: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=btusb, 12M
|__ Port 4: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=btusb, 12M
|__ Port 4: Dev 3, If 2, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
|__ Port 4: Dev 3, If 3, Class=Application Specific Interface, Driver=, 12M
|__ Port 7: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
|__ Port 7: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M

In addition I probed all ports with both a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 stick, which revealed the following:

Socket USB 2.0 USB 3.0
1st USB, right side Bus 1, Port 1 Bus 1, Port 1
2nd USB, right side Bus 1, Port 8 Bus 1, Port 8
1st USB, left side Bus 1, Port 2 Bus 2, Port 2
2nd USB left side Bus 1, Port 3 Bus 2, Port 1

Please note the different Bus number for the two USB 3.0 ports on the left side! So the computer uses the XHCI ports 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and those two USB3 ports 1 and 2 on Bus #2. I assumed that these two USB 3 ports correspond to the two SSP1 and SSP2 ports on the same hub, but maybe this is where I am wrong?

In the injector I then mapped it all to the ports defined in my DSDT like this:

IONameMatch Port Address/Port UsbConnector Purpose
EH01 PRT0 <01000000> 255
XHC HS01 <01000000> 255 USB2 port right
HS02 <02000000> 3 USB2 port left
HS03 <03000000> 255 USB2 port left
HS04 <04000000> 255 Bluetooth Card
HS07 <07000000> 255 Webcam
HS08 <08000000> 255 USB2 port right
SSP1 <11000000> 3 USB3 port left
SSP2 <12000000> 3 USB3 port left

Unfortunately, none of my USB3 devices will connect to SSP1 or SSP2 and run only with reduced speed.

So please take the injector kext as work in progress. It will enable Bluetooth, but won't enable USB3 capabilities, at least on my computer:(

Maybe somebody else has an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back