Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have problem with sleep/wake without GenericUSBXHCI

If I leave "Wake on USB" enabled in the BIOS I still have the issue where as soon as I put my machine to sleep it wakes instantly. However, if disabled it then sleep is pretty stable.

Every once in awhile it still doesn't completely sleep though. It happens maybe 1/30 times where screen is black but it never actually completely goes to sleep. If I hit the vol up/down you can hear it and only way I can get the display to power back on is to put it to sleep and then wake it back up. Sometimes it won't sleep at all and I just have to power down the machine in order to get the display back on but this quite rare.

Install Generic and boot with -gux_defer_usb2. Try switching between latest version and 1.2.7 of generic.

already done it, but that didn't help. i tryed RehabMan's version and original version. hdd auto-ejecting if usb3.0. for now using hard fix ... usb3->usb2 cable. have no idea, what to look.

Did you "Remove GenericUSBXHCI kext from system/library/extensions"? USB3 works correctly for me.

i tryed with, and without. for me only usb3 with usb2 cable works fine.

btw if u do fresh install pbi 450g0 option only genericusb kext won't be installed.

already done it, but that didn't help. i tryed RehabMan's version and original version. hdd auto-ejecting if usb3.0. for now using hard fix ... usb3->usb2 cable. have no idea, what to look.

What device are you trying with USB3? Try different devices... could be a device incompatibility...

i tryed with, and without. for me only usb3 with usb2 cable works fine.

btw if u do fresh install pbi 450g0 option only genericusb kext won't be installed.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not used with the 4x0 G0. Make sure you're not patching your DSDT with the ProBook Installer and instead are patching it manually. The USB3 patches automatically applied for 7-series boards are not appropriate for the 8-series 4x0s G1.

I've installed an Atheros ar5b195, wifi is working without any additional patches, although it seems to be looking for available networks every few seconds even if it's connected to my wifi. Bluetooth is not working. I tried with this kext but there is no difference now!http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1284-atheros-ar5b195-ar9285-wifi-ar3011-bluetooth/

Also sleep is still an issue for me. Now the computer enters sleep, but when it wakes I have no keyboard, mouse or usb

Also sleep is still an issue for me. Now the computer enters sleep, but when it wakes I have no keyboard, mouse or usb

Install GenericUSBXHCI + booot with -gux_defer_usb2

I've installed an Atheros ar5b195, wifi is working without any additional patches, although it seems to be looking for available networks every few seconds even if it's connected to my wifi. Bluetooth is not working.

My 450G1 didn't come with Bluetooth and BT antennae is missing. I only see one antennae for WiFi. Could you pls confirm if your LT has two antennas?

What device are you trying with USB3? Try different devices... could be a device incompatibility...

i tryed usb-hdd witch worked with 4530s correctrly in usb3 mode. more tests shows that this usb-hdd not working with this computer in usb 3 mode ^^, not only mac os. wanna to write to hp support about it, mb they will repair it in futer update. usb-hdd is hitachi touro mobile 1tb (power from usb). yesterday i bought corsair usb 3.0 flash drive and yes, it works. but... on mac it auto connect to 2.0 mode and i don't know how to change it to 3.0. for example usb-hdd (witch i wrote before) auto connects to 3.0 mode, but not work :)

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not used with the 4x0 G0. Make sure you're not patching your DSDT with the ProBook Installer and instead are patching it manually. The USB3 patches automatically applied for 7-series boards are not appropriate for the 8-series 4x0s G1.

i have done manual installation, without pbi.

no sleep problems using nguyenmac's method and GenericUSBXHCI by RehabMan.

My 450G1 didn't come with Bluetooth and BT antennae is missing. I only see one antennae for WiFi. Could you pls confirm if your LT has two antennas?

my laptop has only one antenna, in build module was qca9565 with bluetooth.

I have only one antenna as well

Hello to you all. I have read all the posts inside this thread regarding steps that have to be done in order to run Mavericks on probook 450g1.

This is an unpatched version of my dumped DSDT and SSDT tables.
https://mega.co.nz/#!mV5SxZCD!-gZj-fO8c5M_LieTMKHyiI-3gwXonOA5WEt8KT-2Mm8

Could you kindly please look at them and suggest me what patches to apply and in what order to ensure that my laptop is working at maximum capability (as much as can be working regarding current research progress).

I'm facing reboot problems with a patched DSDT created following hints inside this thread.

Thanks,

VLad

Hi All

Very happy with my triple boot 450 g1 (10.9.1, win8.1, ubuntu14.04) It's taken a lot of work, but well worth it (quirks and all)

Do I upgrade to 10.9.2 ? (concerned i might update by mistake and break everything)

If so what's the latest procedure?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back