Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman can maciasl run in safe mode? Asking cause of that could be my problem making my files to 1 .dsl file.
Links for my dsdt and ssdt's if you have time to look if I at least have the correct files.

From the installation guide link to the newest iasl, I downloaded that zip and extracted iasl to the /usr/bin. Installed maciasl via probookinstaller. Putting all dsdt and ssdt files in same directory. Using the extract command from OP and it fails. Havent got a screenshot of it just yet.
Do I need to do anything like install that pathmatic or something like you written about in an other forum.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...on-17-7000-hackintosh-able-18.html#post717200

Been searching for failing "iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml" command without result.

dsdt ssdt1 ssdt2 ssdt3 ssdt4 ssdt5 ssdt6 ssdt7 ssdt8

Been searching for failing "iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml" command without result.

dsdt ssdt1 ssdt2 ssdt3 ssdt4 ssdt5 ssdt6 ssdt7 ssdt8

iasl is failing because all your SSDTs, SSDT1.aml through SSDT8.aml are identical. If you open each one in MaciASL, you will see they are all the SATA SSDT.

You must have extracted them incorrectly or mixed up the file names somehow.

Weired. Used the acpi dump in Ubuntu live usb for ssdt1 to ssdt1 etc. Need to try again. Thanks for the help Rehabman

Weired. Used the acpi dump in Ubuntu live usb for ssdt1 to ssdt1 etc. Need to try again. Thanks for the help Rehabman

Don't use acpidump. Just copy the files from /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic

Somebody needs to figure out the custom keyboard mapping for this family of ProBooks. All the special keys such as sleep, brightness up, brightness down, display mirror, eject, trackpad on/off, etc.

Forgive me but I'm still fuzzy on exactly what I need to do to help with this problem. Compile VoodooPS2Controller.kext in debug mode and press every key (and every combination with modifiers like alt/ctr/windows/fn?) and extract the data logged into /var/log/system.log ?

Should taking the dsdt from Aida64 in Windows or booting without dropssdt and extracting dsdt with maciasl in osx give as good acpi tables and a dsdt able to compile as taking it from Ubuntu?

Asking cause having problems copying the acpi tables in Ubuntu. Getting the "permission denied" all the time. Tried alt+f2 and to run gsuko nautilus but its not there etc. tried to google for hours and hours and cant figure out how to get the right setup to copy from "system" when on a Ubuntu Live USB. Guess I'm not the best friend of linux right now.

Btw. got my Atheros 9280 yesterday and it booted, no whitelist.

Forgive me but I'm still fuzzy on exactly what I need to do to help with this problem. Compile VoodooPS2Controller.kext in debug mode and press every key (and every combination with modifiers like alt/ctr/windows/fn?) and extract the data logged into /var/log/system.log ?

You don't need to compile it. A debug version is provided in the download.

But the process is like this:
- install debug version of ps2 driver
- look at your keyboard, determine what Fn+key combinations you'd like to have work and how they should be assigned.
- test them against the current setup (eg. by modifying the DSDT header)
- if they are not right, propose new mappings specific to your laptop

Should taking the dsdt from Aida64 in Windows or booting without dropssdt and extracting dsdt with maciasl in osx give as good acpi tables and a dsdt able to compile as taking it from Ubuntu?

Booting with DropSSDT=N won't do you much good unless you know how to extract the binary AML ACPI data from ioreg.

Getting them from Windows is fine (Aida64, or Rw-Everything). They are a little easier to get from Ubuntu because they appear as just files.

Asking cause having problems copying the acpi tables in Ubuntu. Getting the "permission denied" all the time.

You need to use sudo. eg.
Code:
# assuming Ubuntu 12.04LTS running from USB stick, /media/cdrom is the Ubuntu stick
sudo mkdir /media/cdrom/linux_native
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/ /media/cdrom/linux_native

Then you can boot back into OS X and find your files on the Ubuntu USB in the linux_native folder.

Btw. got my Atheros 9280 yesterday and it booted, no whitelist.

That is good news, but you won't know for sure on the lack of whitelist until you try to use the card.

Used sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic/SSDT7 > SSDT-7.aml etc. To get all ssdt and it works. Got working atheros 9280 wifi, Sound, cpu stepping according to dcpimanager, graphics, battery.

When I put to sleep with command its all good. If by closing laptop together then almost no light and cant use the fn key for fn+fx... None of them work.

Haswell brightness patch gave me some /sb pci ark1 no such device or something. Dont have screenshot yet. Rest of the patches worked fine in dsdt.

cant use the fn key for fn+fx... None of them work.

Check your setting in SysPrefs->Keyboard->"Use all F1, F2..."

Haswell brightness patch gave me some /sb pci ark1 no such device or something. Dont have screenshot yet. Rest of the patches worked fine in dsdt.

You probably applied to the wrong file. Brightness will get applied to one of the SSDTs, not DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back