Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G1
CPU
i7-4712MQ/HM87
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi all. Please help, I can't install Big Sur on my laptop. Loader Clover, latest release. Attaching photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_214001.jpeg
    IMG_20220630_214001.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 60
Hi all. Please help, I can't install Big Sur on my laptop. Loader Clover, latest release. Attaching photo.
zip and upload your EFI

ok

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 76
So, is it better to use OpenCore as a bootloader now? Get the latest release? Is it unrealistic to install a system with a clover or is it very problematic?

Thank you very much for your advice, I will try

So, is it better to use OpenCore as a bootloader now? Get the latest release? Is it unrealistic to install a system with a clover or is it very problematic?
later versions of macOS requires a later version of clover

however because clover was unable to boot later versions of macOS, they needed to mash in elements from opencore to make it work, so if you want to go down the route of using clover, you are also going to need to learn opencore as well and add in the required config.plist changes to make this work

to be honest, ditch clover and move over to opencore, that way you only need to learn the one bootloader

and opencore is a lot more cleaner and updated monthly as well

check over the guide I linked, you probably only need to grab the pre built EFI from post 1 and make the needed changes in post 2

I now have a Mojave system, I need to switch to Catalina now, and then to newer systems. I understand correctly?

I now have a Mojave system, I need to switch to Catalina now, and then to newer systems. I understand correctly?
while you are in mojave, best to create your USBPorts.kext:

then when that is created correctly, you can then upgrade to Big Sur

while you are in mojave, best to create your USBPorts.kext:

then when that is created correctly, you can then upgrade to Big Sur
I understand, thank you very much, I will try and figure it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back