Contribute
Register

HP probook 4340s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, yes, i have pretty the same one. All is ok, but USB 3.0 is not working properly, webcam in some apps is not working, not all functional keys, Atheros is not working - no WiFi, neither Bluetooth. Generally you can follow the ProBook guide, but you must prepare your personal DSDT - don't use provided by Installer. You need to use SSDT for you processor if it included in Installer. Use USB 2.0 port for USB flash installer you will prepare, bypass using USB 3.0 to avoid errors and some stuff. All information in this forum is spread across many threads and it's very difficult sometimes to get the full complete guide - it takes a lot of time to do complete guide i think, so please use Search in this forum and use proposed step-by-step guide for 4x30 models, but with some restrictions.

Best regards!

Hello, yes, i have pretty the same one. All is ok, but USB 3.0 is not working properly, webcam in some apps is not working, not all functional keys, Atheros is not working - no WiFi, neither Bluetooth. Generally you can follow the ProBook guide, but you must prepare your personal DSDT - don't use provided by Installer. You need to use SSDT for you processor if it included in Installer. Use USB 2.0 port for USB flash installer you will prepare, bypass using USB 3.0 to avoid errors and some stuff. All information in this forum is spread across many threads and it's very difficult sometimes to get the full complete guide - it takes a lot of time to do complete guide i think, so please use Search in this forum and use proposed step-by-step guide for 4x30 models, but with some restrictions.

Best regards!

Thanks, but it's crucial for me that the wifi works.
I might try with it anyway.

Great information!

Thanks, but it's crucial for me that the wifi works.
I might try with it anyway.

Great information!

If the laptop has the Atheros model mentioned in the FAQ, it will work... Otherwise you buy one after the fact and replace the one the laptop comes with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back