Contribute
Register

HP Pavillion dv2988se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 7558 - Dell 0TRH7C (U3E1)
CPU
Core i5 - 5200U
Graphics
Intel HD 5500 - 1536x864
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if my old laptop could be turned into a Hackintosh. It’s a HP Pavillion dv2988se. I just picked it up the other day to see if it still worked and it did so I recently installed Windows 10 - 64bit on it.

It has an Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, 4GB RAM, and a Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset graphics card

I’ve been trying to get iBoot Legacy to run (using the iBoot+MultiBeast method) and planned on swapping in the Snow Leopard CD but I’ve been getting this error message...
upload_2018-5-23_20-40-33.jpeg

(In iBoot Legacy)

Can anyone help me?

I was wondering if my old laptop could be turned into a Hackintosh. It’s a HP Pavillion dv2988se. I just picked it up the other day to see if it still worked and it did so I recently installed Windows 10 - 64bit on it.

It has an Intel Core 2 Duo T5750, 4GB RAM, and a Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset graphics card

I’ve been trying to get iBoot Legacy to run (using the iBoot+MultiBeast method) and planned on swapping in the Snow Leopard CD but I’ve been getting this error message...
View attachment 332547
(In iBoot Legacy)

Can anyone help me?

Snow Leopard comes on DVD (as purchased from Apple).
What do you mean by "Snow Leopard CD"?

Sorry, I misread the instructions...I was supposed to push F5 once I put the DVD in.

I was selecting iBoot instead of pressing F5 and selecting the DVD.

Ok, now I have another problem...when I was installing Snow Leopard 10.6.8 the installer finished, but as soon as it finished the system reboot without even asking if I wanted to reboot. I installed it from a USB drive. I hadn’t installed MultiBeast yet. Now my computers giving me CMOS checksum errors and making beeping sounds. Is there anyway to recover it? I rebooted it a couple times because I couldn’t get into the BIOS or load iBoot. It sporadically let me boot iBoot a couple times after pressing F11 for recovery at the BIOS screen a million times, but when I got there the keyboard wouldn’t let me type ‘GraphicsEnabler=No’ completely. It only showed up a couple letters. I think that was because the Num Lock was on now that a look back at it. Is there anyway to recover it?

Oh and when I get the CMOS errors, I can’t press F1 to resume...:-X.
This is the screen..
upload_2018-5-27_3-33-41.jpeg

Ok, finally got it back... had to make a DOS autoexec BIOS flashing CD and flash the BIOS to get my BIOS to work again. I also replaced the CMOS battery but I don’t think that made much difference seeing as though I was getting the same results with either battery.

Now when I install the update it hangs at the Apple screen when I reboot (I wanted to see what it would do if I just installed it again and rebooted).

Now I want to install Chameleon to the EFI and use DSDTs to get it stable enough so I can update and then patch with kexts after all the updates.

Everything’s working ok except some things here and there (like all the features of the touchpad and keyboard commands, unless I just am using the wrong ones for a Mac lol), but if I can get it stable enough to update then I should be good. Should the DSDTs do that?

I’m trying to get away from MultiBeast because I think I’m doing more harm than good with that. I don’t really know what I’m looking at or installing. :(

Ok, finally got it back... had to make a DOS autoexec BIOS flashing CD and flash the BIOS to get my BIOS to work again. I also replaced the CMOS battery but I don’t think that made much difference seeing as though I was getting the same results with either battery.

Now when I install the update it hangs at the Apple screen when I reboot (I wanted to see what it would do if I just installed it again and rebooted).

Now I want to install Chameleon to the EFI and use DSDTs to get it stable enough so I can update and then patch with kexts after all the updates.

Everything’s working ok except some things here and there (like all the features of the touchpad and keyboard commands, unless I just am using the wrong ones for a Mac lol), but if I can get it stable enough to update then I should be good. Should the DSDTs do that?

I’m trying to get away from MultiBeast because I think I’m doing more harm than good with that. I don’t really know what I’m looking at or installing. :(

What do you mean by "the update"?
Your profile still has no hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Sorry bout that. **Edit:**
What if it doesn’t have my specs on the list of options?
I put it in my signature, but thats all I could do.

HP dv2988se; Intel Core 2 Duo T5750; Wistron - Mobile Intel 965 Express - ICH8M; Intel Mobile Intel Express 965 Graphics - 1280x800

I was talking about updating to 10.6.8.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back