Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i have had this computer in my closet for awhile, and recently tried to do something with it, i created a bootable usb of mavericks using unibeast, but before installation the screen goes black and the last line is [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
so after hours of searching online for how to fix this i want to know if this laptop is even compatible

System: hp pavilion dv5 Notebook PC + 1099nr

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz + Intel PM45
Graphics: nVidia Geforce 9600M GT + 1280x800

i have had this computer in my closet for awhile, and recently tried to do something with it, i created a bootable usb of mavericks using unibeast, but before installation the screen goes black and the last line is [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
so after hours of searching online for how to fix this i want to know if this laptop is even compatible

System: hp pavilion dv5 Notebook PC + 1099nr

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz + Intel PM45
Graphics: nVidia Geforce 9600M GT + 1280x800

You will need to research how to make your nvidia 9600M work... I don't know the details.

i got it to work thanks

i got it to work thanks

It might be a good idea to share what you learned, and where you learned it, for others who might read your thread.

to get mavericks to install on my hp pavilion dv5 1099nr, i booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v but then it kept hanging up with the applePs2 controller. so i deleted the ApplePS2Controller kext in the boot drive under Extra/Extensions. then it booted and went to the installer. but i had to plug in a mouse and keyboard to continue the set up. once mavericks was installed i ran multibeast and included the driver for the keyboard and mouse under misc. then got my trackpad and keyboard functions back. also in multibeast include under customize/boot options GraphicEnabler=Yes. wifi was a problem and couldn't get it to work at first but found a fix for it, the wifi card is a BCM4312 just follow this guide http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....broadcom-43xx-series-cards-for-109-mavericks/
but for the Kext use this one from this link
http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/549-bcm4312-wifi-fully-working-10-8-2/?st=10

so far thats where i am at now so i hope this helps someone

to get mavericks to install on my hp pavilion dv5 1099nr, i booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and -v but then it kept hanging up with the applePs2 controller. so i deleted the ApplePS2Controller kext in the boot drive under Extra/Extensions. then it booted and went to the installer. but i had to plug in a mouse and keyboard to continue the set up. once mavericks was installed i ran multibeast and included the driver for the keyboard and mouse under misc. then got my trackpad and keyboard functions back. also in multibeast include under customize/boot options GraphicEnabler=Yes. wifi was a problem and couldn't get it to work at first but found a fix for it, the wifi card is a BCM4312 just follow this guide http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....broadcom-43xx-series-cards-for-109-mavericks/
but for the Kext use this one from this link
http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/549-bcm4312-wifi-fully-working-10-8-2/?st=10

so far thats where i am at now so i hope this helps someone

Unibeast4 does not use ApplePS2Controller. What method did you use to create your USB installer?

i got the name wrong, this is the correct kext i deleted in the extra/extention on the usb installer, VoodooPS2Controller.kext
the picture i attached was where it was hanging up before deleted the kext from the usb installer

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 210
i got the name wrong, this is the correct kext i deleted in the extra/extention on the usb installer, VoodooPS2Controller.kext
the picture i attached was where it was hanging up before deleted the kext from the usb installer

Incorrect version of VoodooPS2 is in Unibeast (eventually it will be corrected).

Copy correct version from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

i am a little confused, i never installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, i removed it from the installer before installing, and i used the driver for the keyboard/trackpad from multibeast, so now i have a VoodooPS2Controller.kext under S/L/E on my pc, is that VoodooPS2Controller.kext from multibeast also wrong? bc i do have keyboard and trackpad function but it doesn't fully function like on my macbook pro. if the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from multibeast is correct couldn't i just copy that from mulibeast and put it in the installer bc thats what i did.

i am a little confused, i never installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, i removed it from the installer before installing, and i used the driver for the keyboard/trackpad from multibeast, so now i have a VoodooPS2Controller.kext under S/L/E on my pc, is that VoodooPS2Controller.kext from multibeast also wrong? bc i do have keyboard and trackpad function but it doesn't fully function like on my macbook pro. if the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from multibeast is correct couldn't i just copy that from mulibeast and put it in the installer bc thats what i did.

Are you still booting from the USB? Because you have the debug version, and the debug version is not in Multibeast (as far as I know), but is in Unibeast (by mistake).

To be sure, you should install from my github link.

As far as "doesn't fully function like macbook pro": Your laptop is not a MacBook Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back