Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion 15-n003tx Ethernet and Audio Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then probably you made an error or there is something going wrong with the specifics of your codec and/or the patch files used.

No problems here with 10.9.x using traditional AppleHDA patch techniques...

Have not had the same experience here... not with the ProBooks (several IDT codecs, including 7605), not with my Lenovo U430 (ALC283), and not with my Desktop (ALC892).

Install your patched AppleHDA on the target machine and collect ioreg for analysis.

I'll gain try and patch the AppleHDA. But this would take some time. I will post results when I am done.
Thanks rehabman.

No -- it got there by someone adding it, and then installing that patched DSDT in /Extra (or Clover/ACPI/patched, if using Clover).
I didn't add device GFX0 in the dsdt I just booted in safe mode (-x) and extracted dsdt using DSDTSE app.
Maybe Clover put there?

If you follow my instructions, you will get errors only at line 9639 and 10127 (DSDT) [note: lines may vary slightly]. There are no errors in SSDT4.dsl.

Make sure you open the result of the disassembly (*.dsl) not the original (not disassembled) binaries. Make sure you're using the iasl which I linked.
Thank you for that. I will post back the results when I have them.

I didn't add device GFX0 in the dsdt I just booted in safe mode (-x) and extracted dsdt using DSDTSE app.
Maybe Clover put there?

It didn't look like a Clover inject... Safe mode does not disable patched DSDT in ACPI/patched.

To extract DSDT/SSDTs from Clover, use F4, then look in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Note: You will need to turn off any Clover PNLF injection (if you have it) in order for PNLF in SSDT to have an effect.

It didn't look like a Clover inject... Safe mode does not disable patched DSDT in ACPI/patched.

To extract DSDT/SSDTs from Clover, use F4, then look in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Note: You will need to turn off any Clover PNLF injection (if you have it) in order for PNLF in SSDT to have an effect.
Now I got no clue where it came from. Device (GFX0) was there in the dsdt when I was looking for it to add _DSM method.

Now I got no clue where it came from. Device (GFX0) was there in the dsdt when I was looking for it to add _DSM method.

A human, somewhere, added it, I believe...

At any rate, you'll be completely repatching everything now, so it doesn't much matter.

A human, somewhere, added it, I believe...

At any rate, you'll be completely repatching everything now, so it doesn't much matter.
Of course

I also get a warning about being unknown cpu model 0x45 so power management maybe incomplete. I don't know how or if it affects the system but the system does show wrong ram data. The ram is 4 gb but it shows 8 gb in About This Mac. Is is of any concern??

Of course

I also get a warning about being unknown cpu model 0x45 so power management maybe incomplete.

See here for power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy but you use Haswell-era smbios and no need for patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (pm is in kernel).

I don't know how or if it affects the system but the system does show wrong ram data. The ram is 4 gb but it shows 8 gb in About This Mac. Is is of any concern??

What bootloader? Some issues like that are known with Chimera, but I thought you said you were using Clover. On the other hand, the ioreg you posted is using (recent) Chameleon.

See here for power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy but you use Haswell-era smbios and no need for patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (pm is in kernel).
Already did all the steps. What smbios should I use for Haswell?

What bootloader? Some issues like that are known with Chimera, but I thought you said you were using Clover. On the other hand, the ioreg you posted is using (recent) Chameleon.
Yes I am using clover and its the clover which shows wrong ram. Chameleon is installed as alternate pbr boot. It shows correct info. Bu the warning comes to both bootloaders and the warning is from IOPlatformPluginUtil complaining about unknown cpu model 0x45.

Did the DSDT patching. Renamed GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT, SSDT4 and SSDT5.
Renamed SSDT4 to SSDT-1 and SSDT5 to SSDT-2. (Is that right?)
added brightness fix (Haswell) to SSDT4.

The result is now OS X display as external display not a built in backlit panel.

UPDATE: Working now. Brightness is fixed

Already did all the steps. What smbios should I use for Haswell?

Not all the steps... Looking at ioreg, DropSSDT is not set to Yes.

You can use any Haswell-era smbios... Currently iMac14,x, MacBookPro11,x, MacBookAir6,x.

BTW, I was almost confused as nothing in your profile/signature details a Haswell machine... But from bootlog from ioreg on this machine, I see it is i5-4200U. Best match smbios would be MacBookAir6,2.

Yes I am using clover and its the clover which shows wrong ram. Chameleon is installed as alternate pbr boot. It shows correct info. Bu the warning comes to both bootloaders and the warning is from IOPlatformPluginUtil complaining about unknown cpu model 0x45.

CPU warning is because smbios is incorrect. MacBookPro9,x is Ivy. But machine has Haswell CPU.

Did the DSDT patching. Renamed GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT, SSDT4 and SSDT5.
Renamed SSDT4 to SSDT-1 and SSDT5 to SSDT-2. (Is that right?)
added brightness fix (Haswell) to SSDT4.

That works for Chameleon. For Clover, the names don't matter as much (you can have gaps in the numbers).

The result is now OS X display as external display not a built in backlit panel.

Post ioreg.

Not all the steps... Looking at ioreg, DropSSDT is not set to Yes.

You can use any Haswell-era smbios... Currently iMac14,x, MacBookPro11,x, MacBookAir6,x.

BTW, I was almost confused as nothing in your profile/signature details a Haswell machine... But from bootlog from ioreg on this machine, I see it is i5-4200U. Best match smbios would be MacBookAir6,2.
Exactly the step I missed. How did you read that from IOREG. Amazing!
Did the step and now Brightness is fixed. See update on above post.
Thank you for the help.

CPU warning is because smbios is incorrect. MacBookPro9,x is Ivy. But machine has Haswell CPU.
Well with SMBIOS6,2 the warning still pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back