Contribute
Register

HP Omen 17-an0xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind not using that patch when it is needed will likely corrupt the EC, which then requires EC reset.

Did you try EC reset?
Did a EC reset with both that patch applied and not.
Both times it worked for about 5 mins if it worked. Gets stuck at a certain % saying not charging. Same thing saying in windows although at different %.

L.E. It's kinda glitchy, If i power off the laptop by keeping the power button pressed, the % will update(to probably current value) and it will show as charging but will remain stuck at that %, but as soon as i remove the AC cable or restart or shutdown from menu, it will remain at the % with not charging status.

Last edited:
Same thing saying in windows although at different %.

Same problem on Windows likely indicates a hardware/BIOS problem.
Resolve in Windows before attempting to resolve in macOS.

Same problem on Windows likely indicates a hardware/BIOS problem.
Resolve in Windows before attempting to resolve in macOS.
Seems weird to be a hardware/bios issues, as somehow it seems to be screwed up by OSx.
After more investigation the full issue could be explained like this.

The moment I boot into OSx it's broken. If my battery is at 78% and I boot into OSx it will stay at that 78% without charging at all, if I boot into windows it's at 78% plugged in, not charging. If I do an EC reset or the battery dies, and boot into windows first, the battery charges and the % works like a charm(shows battery % going lower as battery drains and higher as it charges), the moment I boot into OSx it get's screwed up.

Last edited:
Seems weird to be a hardware/bios issues, as somehow it seems to be screwed up by OSx.
After more investigation the full issue could be explained like this.

The moment I boot into OSx it's broken. If my battery is at 78% and I boot into OSx it will stay at that 78% without charging at all, if I boot into windows it's at 78% plugged in, not charging. If I do an EC reset or the battery dies, and boot into windows first, the battery charges and the % works like a charm(shows battery % going lower as battery drains and higher as it charges), the moment I boot into OSx it get's screwed up.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attached

Attachments

• debug_21598.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back