Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. Does anybody know if the latest release of Clover includes a kernel patch for the infamous Local APIC panic that occurs on HP laptops with a locked MSR 0xE2, that works on Big Sur? Due to bandwidth limitations of my internet connection, I don't want to risk wasting 12GB if it doesn't work in the end. So I need your advice since I am unable to find any manual kernel patch for BS at all. Thanks.

Hi. Does anybody know if the latest release of Clover includes a kernel patch for the infamous Local APIC panic that occurs on HP laptops with a locked MSR 0xE2, that works on Big Sur? Due to bandwidth limitations of my internet connection, I don't want to risk wasting 12GB if it doesn't work in the end. So I need your advice since I am unable to find any manual kernel patch for BS at all. Thanks.
not sure if i have seen a big sur installation on clover yet :)

not sure if i have seen a big sur installation on clover yet :)
It can be done but apparently not easily on those affected HP laptops.

Sorry for my English,
You can use clover-v5120 to boot a installed system big sur,but not boot a big sur installer.
I installed big sur with vm to disk, then it could be booted by clover.

Clover has no support for Kernel Collections kext injection - which is needed to boot recovery/installer for Big Sur. BS can be booted in Prelinked kernel mode, but it needs to already be installed and use a couple of NVRAM variables. Jief is working on a version of Clover which includes OpenCore within it to use it's Kext injection, but honestly at that point it's probably better to just use OpenCore and not have a weird Frankenstein layer in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back