Graphics
Radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My fan is too loud , any way to deal with this problem on mountain lion?

My fan is too loud , any way to deal with this problem on mountain lion?

Did you try to insert FAN section into your dsdt? After that you can install HW Monitor and see the speed of your fan. Loud fan is above 3000 rpm i think. Normal speed is 1920 rpm - when you didn't hear your fan.
If you already did this, please verify that patch applied by simply run HW Monitor - from the tools from Probook Installer.
Please see post about Patches for all 4x30s series in this thread.

Good luck.

I patched my DSDT with RehabMan guide, when idle (CPU at 792 MHz) the fan speed is 2926 rpm and the CPU temperature is 37°C

I patched my DSDT with RehabMan guide, when idle (CPU at 792 MHz) the fan speed is 2926 rpm and the CPU temperature is 37°C

That's probably normal for that high of an idle temp. Mine idles near 33, and the idle fan is usually running about 2600rpm.
BTW, I'm looking at some DSDT changes to force better control over the fan (probably next week some time).

Do I need to start over from a vanilla DSDT or can I extract the DSDT from the current configuration and add this new patch ?

You probably still have your vanilla DSDT, so it is probably easier to start over (i.e. run the auto patcher again after correcting for old iasl).

You probably still have your vanilla DSDT, so it is probably easier to start over (i.e. run the auto patcher again after correcting for old iasl).

Sorry, what do you mean by auto patcher ? I used a DSDT editor and applied one by one the patches from your blog.
Is there a software that can do it in one step ?

That's probably normal for that high of an idle temp. Mine idles near 33, and the idle fan is usually running about 2600rpm.
BTW, I'm looking at some DSDT changes to force better control over the fan (probably next week some time).

Glad to hear you you're working on it. It's a joke that with 34ºC my fan goes by 2700 rpm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back