Contribute
Register

HP envy laptop Updated 10.10 to 10.13 success but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP envy ts15 j143
CPU
corei7
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated my hp envy ts15 j143 using the "just like a real Mac method" and it worked with very few problems. As soon as update was complete I checked all the apps installed (all present and correct) couldn't have gone better.

However

upon rebooting the system fails to restart
I get the impression(from clover and the amount of not founds being reported) the system is still up dating but the install folder on the root of the drive has been deleted.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm going to replace the install folder (Just as an experiment) and see what happens.
If anyone could give me some tips with this, they would be very appreciated.

I updated my hp envy ts15 j143 using the "just like a real Mac method" and it worked with very few problems. As soon as update was complete I checked all the apps installed (all present and correct) couldn't have gone better.

However

upon rebooting the system fails to restart
I get the impression(from clover and the amount of not founds being reported) the system is still up dating but the install folder on the root of the drive has been deleted.

Has anyone else had this?

I'm going to replace the install folder (Just as an experiment) and see what happens.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

This has worked! I now have 10.13 up and running and I have no idea what happened at the end there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back