Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP-Envy-17
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
Hi guys,

Here I have an HP Envy 17 (model 17M-AE011DX) with Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.7GHz (4MB cache, dual core) with an IGPU of Intel Graphics 620 and an optimus NVIDIA card which is irrelevant because optimus doesn't work on hackintoshes. 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and a 500 GB Samsung EVO SSD.

So I was able to get B10 of Mojave running but only by faking the GPU id to 19168086. However, my dock is white and so is the menu bar. And about this Mac shows 7 MB of VRAM which I don't think is so accurate. If I DONT fake the GPU id, it shows that Intel Kaby Lake Framebuffer panics.

So what works? Well, not much. It's only able to boot. Sound doesn't show up at all (only my Apple TV AirPlay shows up) and neither does my microphone. GFX is a bust. WiFi and Bluetooth I have a card coming in on Wednesday to replace the stock intel card so I can get that working with Mojave. Touch screen will never work and SD card reader I have not tested (but really don't care if it does or doesn't)

Ethernet works reliably using RealtekRTL8111.kext. So that's about the only thing this laptop has going for it.

So, to start, how shall I get my Intel HD 620 graphics working? I tried whatevergreen + lilu and it still panicked.

If there are any files I need to provided let me know. Thanks!

Hi guys,

Here I have an HP Envy 17 (model 17M-AE011DX) with Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.7GHz (4MB cache, dual core) with an IGPU of Intel Graphics 620 and an optimus NVIDIA card which is irrelevant because optimus doesn't work on hackintoshes. 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and a 500 GB Samsung EVO SSD.

So I was able to get B10 of Mojave running but only by faking the GPU id to 19168086. However, my dock is white and so is the menu bar. And about this Mac shows 7 MB of VRAM which I don't think is so accurate. If I DONT fake the GPU id, it shows that Intel Kaby Lake Framebuffer panics.

So what works? Well, not much. It's only able to boot. Sound doesn't show up at all (only my Apple TV AirPlay shows up) and neither does my microphone. GFX is a bust. WiFi and Bluetooth I have a card coming in on Wednesday to replace the stock intel card so I can get that working with Mojave. Touch screen will never work and SD card reader I have not tested (but really don't care if it does or doesn't)

Ethernet works reliably using RealtekRTL8111.kext. So that's about the only thing this laptop has going for it.

So, to start, how shall I get my Intel HD 620 graphics working? I tried whatevergreen + lilu and it still panicked.

If there are any files I need to provided let me know. Thanks!

Guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I followed that all this weekend. It still does the same KP.

Set DVMT-prealloc to 64MB.

Use invalid ig-platform-id if you cannot set DVMT-prealloc.
To use a valid ig-platform-id, you will need to use WhateverGreen.kext to patch the framebuffer to accommodate 32MB (you will need to read the WhateverGreen documentation), or will need to use the appropriate minStolenSize patch to bypass the panic assert.

This is the panic I took. Is it what you said in the previous post?

Attachments

• 45C1E95A-2D7A-43D0-95E8-E75067F37C2F.jpeg
    45C1E95A-2D7A-43D0-95E8-E75067F37C2F.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 90
This is the panic I took. Is it what you said in the previous post?

Maybe. It is a bit hard to tell due the extreme cropping you did on the KP report.

Hey, and how might I get my Realtek ALC295 working with Mojave? I hear Apple removed a lot of layout id's in Mojave from AppleHDA...

Typically, we used layout-id 12 or 3. Now use 2 with Mojave. Keep in mind the XML in the patched AppleHDA files must match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back