Lenovo ThinkCentre M83
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
WX5100
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
I`ve got a question about HP 720p webcam issue, built in - EliteDisplay E221c.
The cam works, but shows picture in squares, in Windows everything is fine.
Does anybody face the same issue and has it got solution?

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.43.05.pngScreenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.44.01.pngScreenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.44.55.png

Hi there,
I`ve got a question about HP 720p webcam issue, built in - EliteDisplay E221c.
The cam works, but shows picture in squares, in Windows everything is fine.
Does anybody face the same issue and has it got solution?

View attachment 566395View attachment 566396View attachment 566397

I have the same webcam but mine is external USB Connected, don't have the same problem as your having but I do find that the video from the camera is really sluggish. It is not a hackintosh problem as I've tested it on a iMac and have the same problem. If anything id suggest going with Logitech.

I`ve got working external 1080p webcam, but HP one is more estetic (built in with mic) and as I see it has good quality in Windows. Thats why I`m trying to make it work properly in macOS :think:

Do you have the USB hub serving the webcam set as “Internal” (255) or as USB2 (0) in your USBPorts.kext?

Does macOS see the webcam as a separate device when viewed in Hackintool‘s USB tab or as functioning through the USB hub from the display?

How is the display USB hub connected to your Hack, i.e. via a rear USB 2, USB 3 port or a front case port?

Is the case port you are using for the hub set with the correct connector type to match the physical USB type?

Does anyone know how to use this tool to install external webcam drivers to macOS?

how about answering the questions above?
Whats the point to answer with question to my question :think:
All USBs are ported perfectly proper, just read the thread.. There is no difference if I connect the monitor hub to USB 2 or USB 3, to front or rear USBs.
My external webcam is connected to monitor`s usb hub port and works superb.
So this is UVC drivers issue .. I`ll be very grateful if anybody can help me with the drivers tool above, everything else is triple checked and 100% working.

So does anybody know how to install the file with .a extension which came when extract the zip archieve?

Back