Motherboard
Hystou P06
CPU
i3-7100U
Graphics
HD 620
HP Elitedesk G1 800 SFF - Boot loop - Starting Darwin x86_64

Hi there

I have this beauty installed with 10.9 working just fine! BUT I had to patch the kernel to get it working at all otherwise it would just reboot.

Now I tried to install the 10.10 on it (formatted the HD first). Made a USB stick with the new unibeast 5. But it is restarting with the original Kernel. The last message before the reboot is 'Starting Darwin x86_64'

tried -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No / Yes but still no luck.

Any ideas what is wrong? Do I need to patch the original kernel? I guess there is no patch at the moment right? :(

BTW: I also have the smaller brother of this PC the HP Elitedesk G1 800 usdt (almost same specs..) both the same result :cry:

See my thread here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...g-boot-into-unibeast-5-0-0-installer-usb.html

As you've said you have a similar issue and similar hardware configuration. We are possibly facing the same issue.

At this point I am almost certain that some sort of kernel patching is required. I'll be following the forums and guides very closely. In the meantime, i'd also be very happy if anyone could post any stuff to try, and I'll immediately report back with my findings. thanks a lot in advance!

Hi there

I have this beauty installed with 10.9 working just fine! BUT I had to patch the kernel to get it working at all otherwise it would just reboot.
Hello Nednal

Can you make a little explain of how you did make this box (HP Elitedesk g1 800 SFF ) works with Mavericks, because mine reboots continously whe i try to run the installer.

Many Thanks
Abraham

Can you guys tell me the specs for your elite desks and how you got OSX to work on them?

I'm looking to get a USDT version. The specs on ebay say:
HP Business EliteDesk 800 G1 USDT
Windows 8 Professional 64bit
Intel Core i3-4130
8GB DDR3
320GB 7200RPM

Yours is the SFF version, so maybe its a different motherboard?
This is my first hackingtosh so I want to make sure the PC I buy will work without too much trouble.

Can you guys tell me the specs for your elite desks and how you got OSX to work on them?

I'm looking to get a USDT version. The specs on ebay say:
HP Business EliteDesk 800 G1 USDT
Windows 8 Professional 64bit
Intel Core i3-4130
8GB DDR3
320GB 7200RPM

Yours is the SFF version, so maybe its a different motherboard?
This is my first hackingtosh so I want to make sure the PC I buy will work without too much trouble.

I don't have this hardware with me, but i can try to give some clues here,

As per my understanding, HP EliteDesk 800 G1 have

Processor - Intel's Haswell CPU - OK for Yosemite
Chipset - Intel's 8 Series Chipset - OK for Yosemite
RAM - 8GB DDR3 - OK for Yosemite
Graphcis - Intel HD Graphics 4400 (For Core i3-4130), HD4400 is not supported on a desktop configuration (Means no QE/CI is possible).
Do you have any discrete graphics on this machine??

You can try this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ics-fix-full-support-alternate-cpus-os-x.html

Hi Nednal, old thread, sorry, but I see that you have a EliteDesk 800 G1 with OS X.

I just got one myself.

i5 - 4570
8Gb RAM
500Gb HDD

I'd like to know how you managed to install OS X on it. I've looked all throughout the forum to no avail. No guides, but I found you with your signature that says that you have one.

Would you be kind enough to guide me in the right direction? I'm stuck in a reboot loop. Can't even get to the installer...

Thanks in advance,
Israel M.

Hi Nednal, old thread, sorry, but I see that you have a EliteDesk 800 G1 with OS X.

I just got one myself.

i5 - 4570
8Gb RAM
500Gb HDD

I'd like to know how you managed to install OS X on it. I've looked all throughout the forum to no avail. No guides, but I found you with your signature that says that you have one.

Would you be kind enough to guide me in the right direction? I'm stuck in a reboot loop. Can't even get to the installer...

Thanks in advance,
Israel M.

Ok, got it going with Clover and 10.10.5.
Everything works great, except for sound.

Managed to get it working with VoodooHDA, but, curiously, sound only comes out of the small internal speaker, not anything I connect to it.
Still working on that.

Ok, got it going with Clover and 10.10.5.
Everything works great, except for sound.

Managed to get it working with VoodooHDA, but, curiously, sound only comes out of the small internal speaker, not anything I connect to it.
Still working on that.
Can you show me the step
I have a 800 g1 but cannot install any OSX on it, thanks.:thumbup:

Can you show me the step
I have a 800 g1 but cannot install any OSX on it, thanks.:thumbup:
I'm in the same boat - Unibeast 6.2 won't get beyond half way on the initial boot.
HP elitedesk 800 G1 USDT i5 16GB 120GB SSD

HP EliteDesk 800 G1, Sierra installed, everything working but sound

Installed Sierra on the SSD from a real Mac, installed clover, edit plist, added kexts. done... easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back