Contribute
Register

HP Elitedesk G1 800 SFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP EliteDesk 800 G1, Sierra installed, everything working but sound

Installed Sierra on the SSD from a real Mac, installed clover, edit plist, added kexts. done... easy

Can you post the steps of installing clover, edit plist, added kexts??
I have installed Sierra onto another Mac and tried your steps but can't get it to load in the HP

Can you post the steps of installing clover, edit plist, added kexts??
I have installed Sierra onto another Mac and tried your steps but can't get it to load in the HP

Hi! Someone can give help with this question?
Thank!!!

Hi! Someone can give help with this question?
Thank!!!

Hi, just chiming in because I'm currently reading this thread on an EliteDesk 800b G1 running Sierra. For my installation, I by-passed the UniBeast USB installer altogether simply because I already had existing UniBeast installations up and running on two other PC Macs in my house. What I did was use a free trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner to clone one of these other existing installations onto my EliteDesk. Zero problems, although I'm still fine-tuning a few things (such as sound). Here's my (much oversimplified) process:

1) Connected blank SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB) to existing PC Mac (in this case, an HP EliteBook 8770w laptop), using a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter cable. Formatted SSD with Disk Utility (settings: GUID, HFS+ Journaled, etc).
2) Downloaded and fired up Carbon Copy Cloner on the laptop, set the laptop's HDD (HP EliteBook 8770w laptop) as the source disk and the Samsung SSD as the destination, and hit clone. Done.
3) Connected the Samsung SSD to the EliteBook (being sure to connect the SSD to the dark blue SATA connector on the motherboard, giving it highest priority by default).
4) Started new EliteDesk.

Granted that this is a gross oversimplification, given that I had initially installed Clover on the EFI partition of the laptop's HDD and had to negotiate the usual suspects in terms of boot arguments to get that installation up and running, but this should work.

PS. If you use a separate HDD for all of your user folders and files (as I do), you'll also need to clone the original source HDD drive. Hence I followed this modified step-by-step:

1) On original PC Mac installation, created a new dummy user with administrative privileges, leaving his/her User folder on the same drive as the OS.
2) Followed Steps 1-3 above.
3) Connected a separate external HDD drive (3TB WD MyPassport Ultra) to my laptop (not the EliteDesk) and created a 1TB HFS+ partition with Disk Utility (because that was the size of my storage HDD in the EliteDesk).
4) Set my laptop's storage drive as the source in CCC and the external drive as the destination, and hit clone.
5) Connected the newly cloned external HDD to the EliteDesk with a SATA cable (plugging into one of the light blue SATA connectors on the mobo).
6) Booted EliteDesk Mac.
7) Signed into dummy account that I had created earlier and used CCC to clone external HDD onto the EliteDesk's storage HDD.
8) After new HDD is cloned, I log out of dummy account and sign in to my normal account.

Note: If you follow this latter process, you'll get about 20 prompts in rapid-fire succession telling you that your library needs repaired and asking you to type your user name and password. Do this repeatedly until you've worked through all the prompts, and you shouldn't have to do anything else. Still, when I finished this process, I went to my USERS folder on the HDD, clicked "Get Info," and tweaked my permissions, adding "Administrators" and changing its access to "Read and Write."

One final thought: Early on in the process, on my laptop, I opened Clover Configurator, mounted the source HDD's EFI file, and copied it to a flash drive, just in case I might need to transfer files to the EFI partition on the new SSD manually.

Hope this helps someone. Be blessed today.

Hello, did anyone figure out how to get sound working on the Elitedesk 800 G1? I don't want to buy the sabrent usb audio adapter if I don't need it. Thank you

@MrTastie, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

HP Elitedesk G1 800 SFF . high sierra 10.13.3
everything is good network card sound video 4600 audio
here is my efi record

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 366
HP Elitedesk G1 800 SFF . high sierra 10.13.3
everything is good network card sound video 4600 audio
here is my efi record

thanks for the EFI file posting.
I am having issue using your efi.
few questions i have
-is it legacy mode or UEFI Boot ?
-what are the bios setting changes I should make?
- graphic card- integrated or dedicated one?
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back